Tuesday, April 28, 2009
yay
Hi all,
Just wish to share with you all that I have received all the grades for my exams this semester, and have performed well. It feels good that after 3.5 years in SMU I have finally showed to myself that I can do it, and that I can excel.
Getting good grades for the exams are just beside the point, because I think that the real reason behind my sense of satisfaction is that it helped build up my self-belief. I used to lament how hard I tried to study in the past but did not perform up to expectations, and used to wonder why other people are performing at a high level, but not me. But I guess I never did give up.
This semester has helped build up my self belief that if I want to, I can. This means a big deal to me because I acknowledge my abilities and know that I can perform if I put in the effort. This gives me confidence that I can compete with others during my work in the future, and it has also cleared some ambiguity I have in myself.
Now, let’s hope that this is not a once off fluke, and that I can carry on the momentum over to my remaining 4 challenging modules. I do not think it is possible to perform as well as I did this semester, but I have set some targets for myself and will strive to achieve them. Take care guys!
SJ
Just wish to share with you all that I have received all the grades for my exams this semester, and have performed well. It feels good that after 3.5 years in SMU I have finally showed to myself that I can do it, and that I can excel.
Getting good grades for the exams are just beside the point, because I think that the real reason behind my sense of satisfaction is that it helped build up my self-belief. I used to lament how hard I tried to study in the past but did not perform up to expectations, and used to wonder why other people are performing at a high level, but not me. But I guess I never did give up.
This semester has helped build up my self belief that if I want to, I can. This means a big deal to me because I acknowledge my abilities and know that I can perform if I put in the effort. This gives me confidence that I can compete with others during my work in the future, and it has also cleared some ambiguity I have in myself.
Now, let’s hope that this is not a once off fluke, and that I can carry on the momentum over to my remaining 4 challenging modules. I do not think it is possible to perform as well as I did this semester, but I have set some targets for myself and will strive to achieve them. Take care guys!
SJ
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]