Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Haven’t had a chance to talk to all of you as all of us are tied up with our own lives. This blog entry is just to share with all of you my working experience since most of you are still studying.
I enjoy what I do for a living!
But to put it simply, work SUCKS. There are so many other factors coupled other than job satisfaction. The environment at work is very important too. It doesn’t mean that as long as you find a job that you think you would enjoy, that is all that matters. I used to think that as long as you try your best and do your own work, there is no need to suck up to your bosses. How utterly wrong I was. At my work place where most of the people have a minimum honors degree, I am 1 of the lowest qualified people. And they are not afraid to make you feel that way. The learning curve is steep. They expect you to learn very quickly without any teaching. Everyday my boss tells me that my work sucks (exact words: Your work sucks. Cannot make it. You better buck up). It doesn’t help that my boss is very capable and smart which is why I still respect him. He expects me to be able to do what he can do and learn the same way that he did when he first started here. At the end of the day, I go home with no dignity.
And to make it worse I think I failed the requisite exams to be confirmed as a staff here. If I fail I will be the first person from my branch to achieve such an accomplishment. Bravo! The only reason I am staying at this job is for the $. And I can’t afford to quit especially with what my wife-to-be is going thru also. Let’s hope that I at least pass my exams.
The people at work don’t make it easier either. I guess it’s partly my fault too. I am too immature to deal with office politics. So be warned!!!! It pays to suck up! But do it to the right people too. Lastly, don’t be too open about yourself. Don’t tell everyone at work about your personal life stories or thoughts. Make sure that the person can be trusted before you say anything.
Hope to see all of you really soon!!!!
From:
Care Bear (so that people not in our clique know who I am. Haha.)
I enjoy what I do for a living!
But to put it simply, work SUCKS. There are so many other factors coupled other than job satisfaction. The environment at work is very important too. It doesn’t mean that as long as you find a job that you think you would enjoy, that is all that matters. I used to think that as long as you try your best and do your own work, there is no need to suck up to your bosses. How utterly wrong I was. At my work place where most of the people have a minimum honors degree, I am 1 of the lowest qualified people. And they are not afraid to make you feel that way. The learning curve is steep. They expect you to learn very quickly without any teaching. Everyday my boss tells me that my work sucks (exact words: Your work sucks. Cannot make it. You better buck up). It doesn’t help that my boss is very capable and smart which is why I still respect him. He expects me to be able to do what he can do and learn the same way that he did when he first started here. At the end of the day, I go home with no dignity.
And to make it worse I think I failed the requisite exams to be confirmed as a staff here. If I fail I will be the first person from my branch to achieve such an accomplishment. Bravo! The only reason I am staying at this job is for the $. And I can’t afford to quit especially with what my wife-to-be is going thru also. Let’s hope that I at least pass my exams.
The people at work don’t make it easier either. I guess it’s partly my fault too. I am too immature to deal with office politics. So be warned!!!! It pays to suck up! But do it to the right people too. Lastly, don’t be too open about yourself. Don’t tell everyone at work about your personal life stories or thoughts. Make sure that the person can be trusted before you say anything.
Hope to see all of you really soon!!!!
From:
Care Bear (so that people not in our clique know who I am. Haha.)
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]