Saturday, October 27, 2007
Paris 11
Looking back at how everything started, I am glad that things have started to have a routine. Routine life is quite boring sometimes, but it is a blessing in a way and I cannot complain. I still remember how I did not have any place to stay at the beginning, always in school using the internet to look for accommodation, and only to reply to one after another strings of email scams. Someone told me before about a person who came up with a pyramid of needs of human beings. At the base we have housing, food and warmth. At the top we have something like knowledge and status. In the middle it could be love and friendship. So it seems like human beings are always chasing after something because after we have settled a level of the pyramid we want to ascend to the next one, and every level is harder than the one before. So I guess the way to be happy is to be contented and appreciate the nuances of everything, at least for my case now haha. I think it is normal for exchange students to feel lonely and miss home sometimes, but I should hold my head high and enjoy the moment.
Gavin and Michelle from SMU have come over from UK Bath to Paris and I am putting them up, after Laura’s 2 NZ friends have come. We will most probably be meeting them again when I go to Barcelona/Madrid next weekend. Both Gavin and Michelle have been good company too. Laura and I are also in the midst of planning our trip to Germany to look for Magdelene, but the air tickets are kind of expensive. We’ll see how it goes. Hope you guys are doing well too!
Gavin and Michelle from SMU have come over from UK Bath to Paris and I am putting them up, after Laura’s 2 NZ friends have come. We will most probably be meeting them again when I go to Barcelona/Madrid next weekend. Both Gavin and Michelle have been good company too. Laura and I are also in the midst of planning our trip to Germany to look for Magdelene, but the air tickets are kind of expensive. We’ll see how it goes. Hope you guys are doing well too!
We sort of sabotaged Michelle to dance with the fat Ang Moh who is really high. The guy in black is the waitor, and he makes everyone have a good time by asking the girls to dance with him. I think 'this' is service.
The Lourve is free on Fridays from 6-9pm. I think this will be my hangout on Fridays. This is taken in the Sully Wing, which displays artefacts from Egypt. Btw, this is massive.
The Statue of Hour.
Mummies' Coffins
They have to carry this piece of massive rock over 80 km. Egypt did not use wheel barrows in those days and this mission required hundreds to thousands of people. And anyway this is for someone's funeral haha.
Maybe I should join them? It's sort of a dream for me to sit down and draw. Haha kidding la.
We went up the Ferris Wheel. Not very worth it I would say. 8 Euros for less than 10 min. The view was nice that's all.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]