Tuesday, March 27, 2007
random thoughts
Hi everyone,
It’s me again. I’m getting a little philosophical nowadays and have been thinking about certain issues. Maybe it's because of the courses I'm taking this semester which have set me in the mood for such things.
Firstly, I think that everyone’s actions are governed by their own life’s philosophy. Although it is not explicitly spoken, it is inherent in them. It may be to make a difference in someone else’s lives, to have fun, to relax and live on, so on and so forth. We really are not in any position to comment which is the right way. The different philosophies explain some actions, for example why some people are not really keen about having As for their exams and choose to party or relac one corner. I think by this age most of us should be governed by a certain philosophy and not be clueless about how to live our lives. Last time, I always think that whenever I think that something is not right, I should talk to the person and try to change him. However, it is really too early too tell who is the ultimate winner at the end. I think more importantly, we have to decide if we want our objective in life to be governed by the process or the end result. If it is the process which is important, then we should not care about who is going to be the ultimate winner in the end. And if a certain philosophy is inherent in us, we should not give up even when the odds are against us.
Secondly, I think that life is short. All of us only have one chance spread over another 50 years to do whatever we feel like doing, whether it can mean to be riding horses across fields, sky diving, own a shop, swimming across oceans, conquering mountains, so on and so forth. No discredit to Singapore, but I think that most of us are being stuck in the rat race to really stop and think about what we hope to achieve in our lives. Of course, this complaining about the quality of life pales in comparison with those people who are struggling in Africa. However, I think that very importantly, we should not spend our lives on useless things, such as answering to people whom we do not feel deserve it etc, and we should also all learn to stand up for what we believe in, especially so when we will not have a chance to do it after we die.
Songjie
It’s me again. I’m getting a little philosophical nowadays and have been thinking about certain issues. Maybe it's because of the courses I'm taking this semester which have set me in the mood for such things.
Firstly, I think that everyone’s actions are governed by their own life’s philosophy. Although it is not explicitly spoken, it is inherent in them. It may be to make a difference in someone else’s lives, to have fun, to relax and live on, so on and so forth. We really are not in any position to comment which is the right way. The different philosophies explain some actions, for example why some people are not really keen about having As for their exams and choose to party or relac one corner. I think by this age most of us should be governed by a certain philosophy and not be clueless about how to live our lives. Last time, I always think that whenever I think that something is not right, I should talk to the person and try to change him. However, it is really too early too tell who is the ultimate winner at the end. I think more importantly, we have to decide if we want our objective in life to be governed by the process or the end result. If it is the process which is important, then we should not care about who is going to be the ultimate winner in the end. And if a certain philosophy is inherent in us, we should not give up even when the odds are against us.
Secondly, I think that life is short. All of us only have one chance spread over another 50 years to do whatever we feel like doing, whether it can mean to be riding horses across fields, sky diving, own a shop, swimming across oceans, conquering mountains, so on and so forth. No discredit to Singapore, but I think that most of us are being stuck in the rat race to really stop and think about what we hope to achieve in our lives. Of course, this complaining about the quality of life pales in comparison with those people who are struggling in Africa. However, I think that very importantly, we should not spend our lives on useless things, such as answering to people whom we do not feel deserve it etc, and we should also all learn to stand up for what we believe in, especially so when we will not have a chance to do it after we die.
Songjie
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]