Monday, March 05, 2007
career
Hi Guys,
Some things are weighing on my mind and I'd like to share them with you guys. My brother got back his A levels and he did well. So along with it came some brochures on scholarships and stuff. I was flipping through them and oh my god, it seems like there are tons of scholars around in Singapore. Where do I stand now? Maybe average. What if I studied damn hard, and with some luck, a miracle happens and I get a good degree? I'd be above average. And after this which is the highest academic level I can attain, there'd be tons of scholars weighing down on me in government jobs. Then I'd ask myself what I should do to differentiate myself? Become an entrepreneur? Try for masters (which will inevitably land me up in the same plane)?
I know this may seem kind of random but this is the fact of life now. I know there are some ways to go about this issue right now (such as studying hard now and not thinking about the rest) but ultimately, this is the issue that all of us would have to face. I hope I dun sound unnecessarily pessimistic or being a wet blanket, but just to trigger some thoughts in your minds.
Back to study for my quiz tom! & hoping for a better tomorrow hahaha.
Songjie
Some things are weighing on my mind and I'd like to share them with you guys. My brother got back his A levels and he did well. So along with it came some brochures on scholarships and stuff. I was flipping through them and oh my god, it seems like there are tons of scholars around in Singapore. Where do I stand now? Maybe average. What if I studied damn hard, and with some luck, a miracle happens and I get a good degree? I'd be above average. And after this which is the highest academic level I can attain, there'd be tons of scholars weighing down on me in government jobs. Then I'd ask myself what I should do to differentiate myself? Become an entrepreneur? Try for masters (which will inevitably land me up in the same plane)?
I know this may seem kind of random but this is the fact of life now. I know there are some ways to go about this issue right now (such as studying hard now and not thinking about the rest) but ultimately, this is the issue that all of us would have to face. I hope I dun sound unnecessarily pessimistic or being a wet blanket, but just to trigger some thoughts in your minds.
Back to study for my quiz tom! & hoping for a better tomorrow hahaha.
Songjie
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]