Monday, June 26, 2006

...

"A family that eats together stays together."

I've heard this somewhere and have been wanting to post this on the blog for sometime cos I believe in this saying haha.

Had a talk with SQ on the way home from Janet's place. It's about good and bad people. I have been thinking about this for sometime. I have this thinking that there are no good or bad people in this world. What people turn out to be depends a lot on their upbringing, their surroundings and the people they meet, because these are the factors that shape their mindsets. Hence, I tink it is fair to treat people with more equality, because clearly everyone will have chosen to be a good person. Who wants to be hated by everyone and who doesn't want to be loved by everyone? People who have a good character and personality are people I would say, "luckier" than the rest. Because if that "good" person had been put in the shoes of the "bad" person, will he have turned out to be the same, given all the circumstances that he will face? Likewise for the "bad" person? Cos I dun believe that by default, people are borned to be a "good" or "bad" person.

The difference between a good and bad person, however, can be determined over time, as you know the person better. It's whether that person will wan to change when he becomes aware of what is good and bad. It's the effort that you wan to put in to become a better person.

Saying this, I realise that it takes a smart person to know how to be a good person in the first place. Being smart is the first criteria. If you notice all the "bad" people around you, they are mostly people who are not "smart" enough to look further ahead, to know that being "good" and resisting moments of temptation will ultimately bring them more benefits than what they will get now.

So who is a better person? An innocent and at the same time ignorant person who doesn't know what is good or bad but behaves as a good person, or a person who has already gone through the different moulds of society and knows what is good or bad and behaves as a good person? Because the latter clearly has a harder time being a "good" person, as he isn't the innocent/ignorant person who has the "heart" to withstand everything that comes along his path cos he isn't as innocent/ignorant enough as a innocent/ignorant person.

So this brings me to another question. Who should we fear more? A smart bad person who will look like a good person to everyone else or a stupid bad person who clearly is stupid because everyone knows he is bad? If it's the former whom we should be more fearful of, then I tink we should sometimes give the stupid bad people around us more chances, because they are not bad. They are just more unlucky, and at the same time they are not smart to enough to conceal themselves entirely.

Like what I've said earlier, ultimately, I believe that everyone is all learning how to become a "good" person. The smarter ones clearly are the more popular ones now and the more stupid ones are still learning from the smarter ones how to conceal themselves better. Ok, that's a sweeping statement, but is it? The final good people are the ones who have understood and seen the many different facets of life, and still choose the path they strongly believe in, whether it is good or bad. I am contradicting myself now and also realise that I've been going in circles, because up till now I still dunno What is exactly the final good person?

Enough of the good and bad person.

This bad and good person thingy was actualli brought up cos SQ and I spoke about the frens ard us. Wad makes ur best fren ur best fren? Is it fate? Or camaraderie? You have a group of friends around you. You treasure them but at the same time you ask yourself what makes them stand out from the rest? Is the most important factor being that because they will help you when you are in trouble? But honestly like what SQ said wad kinda of deep trouble will you be able to get yourself into? Say if your neighbour who is pleasant and nice needs a kidney transplant suddenly? Most ppl, I believe, will lend a helping hand, although that person isn't his best fren.

Right now, I will say that the frens I treasure most are those whom I feel most at home with. Sincere. Frens who make the effort. Effort.

Sigh. I'm complicating simple things nowadays. =(

Songjie





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]