Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Thanks

Thank you everyone for being a part of my life in one way or another... Without you guys I am nothing and without you guys my life will be lacking in depth.
Throughout all 22 years of my life, I have not understood the true meaning of life. Even now I am trying to grasp whatever definition that I can find from anyone who offers it. But I can share with everyone what I know thus far...
I know a lot of people who are thinking: "If I were so and so, I would have done it this way to make a difference to the world" But in the end, it's nothing but plain talk and empty promises. In the process, we are only cheating ourselves and ultimately when we die, we have only ourselves to blame. Life is not all about claims and speculations. We won't achieve anything from words alone.
To be honest, when Songjie lambasted me not too long ago, I was very upset. But I knew that he meant something... Something I've never understood. But now I do... Every little contribution counts... Every person matters and every action will affect someone we might not even know.
In the past, I enjoyed dwelling in my melancholy, thinking that no one understands how I feel and no one will ever do. But in the midst of all that, I made the people around me, who cared for me, feel terrible.
My dear friends, we only live once, so help yourselves and try to do something special for someone. I can't say much cos I am still learning. But I've been trying to do some community work and I believe starting small will lead to larger things.
Esmond, you've always been there for me even though you're so far away. Your family has treated me like I'm part of it and I have the utmost respect for your mum and dad. I'm lucky enough to have a few dinners with your family and I would really want to thank you for this acceptance. You've been ever a friend to me and I truly appreciate this.
Lam, I've learnt so much from you in terms of character. Never step away from aggression, and always have respect for the people around you, these are just some of the things I've learnt from you. You've always been a light in dark corners for many of us and I know I can always trust you with the smallest of things to the largest of things. I can even entrust you with my life. I want to thank you for all these years of help...
Songjie, I thank you for telling me how you feel and in turn this made me realise a lot of things. I've also realised that there is so much to learn from you and I'm now in the process of learning from you. I've sometimes wondered what goes in your heart cos there are instances that you keep things to yourself. But I just hope that when you need me, I'll be here to help you or simply lend a listening ear.
Yuyee, I want to thank you for your endless generosity and care. Many a time when I am in need and you came to my aid, there is no friendship greater than this. I can still recall times in TJC when you were giving aid in one form or another, whether monetary or emotional. And you are a great person to know. I'm very glad to have known you.
Shangqian, I want to thank you for times when you talked to me and lend a listening ear for the endless troubles that I seem to pile on myself. We have grown closer together lately and I hope that we can continue this closeness. You are a talented person and you should have a chance to let others know about it. Don't shy away from such opportunities
Weiqin, I want to thank you for the endless joy you've brought to me and the rest and in turn, you've discredited yourself a little. I know you are a responsible person and you've grown to be more and more reliable as the days go by. I am so proud to know you as a friend. And I want you to know that your efforts in humouring us have not gone to waste. You are truly a one of a kind friend and one that I will cherish forever.
Terence, I want to thank you for being always overbearing to every caustic comment being made to you at your expense. I want you to know that you're the most tolerant person I've ever come across and I want to let you know that this is a rare quality. One that will bring you far in life. I will never forget the tuition days and the FIFA days when we used to have so much fun. You've been vital during my secondary school days and I will never forget you.
Ivy, I want to thank you for cooking the best food I've ever eaten since my mum. Your kindness and hospitality is much appreciated. I've seen you change over the years and I've now come across the best version of Ivy I've every known. There was never a doubt in your character, one that we all adore and love all these years. I only hope that you and Victor will be there walking down the aisle and I'll be able to watch. It's not far from realisation, I'm very sure.
Victor, I want to thank you for so much that you've done for me. From your character, I've learnt the ways of life and how to be an honest man. One who will command respect from his peers and strangers alike. Your actions speak of greatness and I hope that one day I would be able to emulate them. You've been a great friend to me for as long as I can remember and I only want to let you know that I will cherish and remember all that you've taught, knowingly and unknowingly.
SiuSiu, I want to thank you for being so friendly and nice. I've not known you for long, but I can never forget how you helped during Songjie's 21st birthday. You just standing there and helping even though we don't really know each other well speaks of good things about you. And this little acts of kindness will always be remembered.
Thank you you all...





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]