Friday, March 24, 2006

Heyo!

Hi my friends,

It has been a while hasn't it? Time really flies by. I took a slow jog around school today, finally gave myself a bit of alone time. (Song, you know what I mean, my nirvana time) Some personal reflection and it was very good. I had the time to sit beside the lake, look at the ducks swimming by, the silent peace. This semester has been very hectic and I hardly had time to breathe and I am sure it must be the same for everyone.

I have alot of things on my mind. I wish all of you were here with me so we could go for a good 'Ya kun' and let me share my thoughts. I won't drag on for too long. Hope this doesn't turn out like an essay.Haha.

Firstly, I was thinking how fast time has flown by. I jogged past the place I first set foot on and I really can't believe it's been almost what, 6 months? What is fruitful these 6 months is that I have immersed myself in work and totally devoted my heart into it, although at times I know it's not enough. Things are never enough sometimes. My army buddy sent me a photo I took in 2003 and seiously looking at it, it really scared the shit out of me. LITERALLY. I was so shocked how time has flown by! I still remember world cup1998, world cup2002, Euro2004 and this year it's gonna be world cup 2006. How many more world cups can I watch in my life? If u take a count it should be less than15-18 your whole life. Which is damn scary!

So well, time aside, let's talk about who we truly want to be like Lam has mentioned. Everyday I try to tell myself how I train myself now will be how good or tough a father I will be in the future. Yet everyday I feel I fall short of what I expect of myself. Self-discipline, self-control, determination, taking on hardship, how much shit I can take from people, how much shit I can take from the worst day...all these things I am still far from controlling my emotions and managing them well. Which I believe is the mark of a loyal son, successful man, a faithful husband and a Dad that is able to make sound and wise decisions for his children. BUT the trick is life is never a destination. We fall and we pick ourselves up again. We make the same mistakes and we get frustrated with ourselves and our inadequacy but the trick is never to give up or give in. Push on and dig deep, no matter how bad it is, look to the future. Focus on the future and not the short term. Someday we will see the light, no matter how bad things are now, they are ONLY AS BAD as you THINK they are. I believe that as long as we wake up everyday, as long as we turn up for 'work' everyday, willing and daring to face the world, we will improve and that itself, improvement is all that matters.

Exams are fast approaching for you Singapore people. Be brave and work hard. Everyone encourage each other. Those that needs more help and encouragement, give it to them. Those that are able to handle better, don't forget your friends. Give them a helping hand. Buy dinner for each other if need be. Be open and frank, be sincere in looking out for your closest ones. These are the things that will pull all of us closer together. One day, all these small efforts will pull us closer together. Besides all the fun we have, when the time comes to give the due support and encouragement as friends, give them with no hesitation. Allright? I am sure all of you can do it and I will tell you all why in the next paragraph. Go out there, give it your best. Be who you want to be, be who you dare to be. This is not an inspirational post. This comes simply, plainly from what I feel for you all. And I know without a shadow of a doubt all of us can.

Why can we do it, you ask? BECAUSE WE ARE THE CREAM OF THE CROP OF MARIST STELLA HIGH SCHOOL!haha. It's not funny but it's sure true as hell. I chanced upon this Marist's blog the other day. This guy's two years younger and he's doing medicine in NUS. Also chanced upon some Marists a few years ahead of us who are accountants and lawyers and engineers. It's quite surprising that they all remember 'dennis koh' and that Maris Stella have a plcae in their hearts. I am sure its the same for us. In time to come, we are all gonna graduate and people will ask, what school are you from? I tell myself, I will work hard, hard enough so that I can be a testament that Marists are capable, able and can be responsible. I want to go back to Marists and tell Dennis koh, Miss liew, Miss kwong, Mr Foo(that's for me) and maybe Bro Anthony that they have made me a success. Let's all work towards that day where people walk pass us and they will say, eh that accountant or businessman or engineer is very capable! Which school was he from? RI? NO! HE'S A MARIST!

That said, it's not easy at all. You've got to have the desire to work to be the best, to BE the best and to BEAT THE BEST. (Ok, this is inspirational. haha. Only this is) My coach told me once before a very important match that I will always remember. He told me :" I want you to go out there and run like you have never EVER run in your life before." I did that. I ran as if there was no tomorrow, really! I ran like as if I was never gonna feel tired. And I cramped straight after the final whistle. It was a very important match which we needed to draw and we did. So I say, work like you have never worked before, love like you have never loved before, and dare to be the accountant, businessman or engineer you have always dreamt you could be.

Work like you have never worked before.....


Esmond





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]