Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Long one!

Hi my friends,
Phew I finally got a chance to sit down and relax a little today. Well again I hope everyone is doing really fine, happy and healthy? I have some things to bring across, hopefully it can trigger some thoughts.

Song, let me first try to answer your question. Personally I don't think I have ever really learnt to maximise my brain when studying. To me somehow it is hardwork, hardwork and more hardwork. But army triggered something out of me. Why are Saforce people Saforce? Why are scholars 'scholars'? Everyone think about this for a moment. Try not to read on first...but Stop here NOW, and spare me a second. Think about it and give yourself the best answer you can come up with.

I may all well be wrong but this is how I see it now. I know some Saforce people and scholars from Vj. I have studied with them before and with all due credit, they are smart and dilligent, there is absolutely no doubt about that. However, I don't think most of them are exceptionally brilliant. With that I mean people that can come up with thesis(even nowadays thesis isn't such a great deal), or should I put it come up with something like Einstein's E=MC2. That is remarkable. So back to the point, I personally do not believe all the scholars are that exceptional. I think in the sense 'intelligence' we all have it, more or less of the same level. The CRUCIAL thing is how you put it to use. Its a matter of totally understanding what the topic is trying to get to you, what is the gist of it? To expose the true meaning behind it in your own words, to understand the underlying concepts and regurgitate them in a simple way you can understand. Now that we are in the university, it is no longer a 'closed-syllabus' kinda thing. You can never finish studying so selectivity is very important. Sometimes we all fall trap to the: " ok, I must study this, now." But what is lacking is the underlying gist...we need to know what that piece of information is getting to us!

With that I mean truly the army term, 'USE YOUR BRAIN'. Use ur brain as much as you can. If the information is complicated, use ur intelligence to comprehend it in simple terms. Another point, now that we are in the university, all of us have proved to be capable and hardworking. Let no one dare tell me they made it to university without working hard. This is something I came up with.....-> You know here at Nottingham I really study almost every single waking minute I can. Haha I know it sounds quite incredible but there is REALLY NOTHING WORTHWHILE to do but study! I find that it is so easy to get caught up with the notion of 'hardwork means i will get it'. Maybe this will apply in secondary school where we have fellow students from all sorts of different backgrounds but university, I would think no. I am not discrediting anyone cause we all have our own fields of talent and expertise. Why do I think that way? Because anyone who makes it to university MUST have some sort of work ethic. Whatever they have set themselves up to be, lazy blah blah, don't fall trap cause if they are they wont be there in the first place. So working hard YES we all surely must do so but that certainly will not take you very VERY far because everyone else is working hard too and rememeber you only have 24hrs a day! Its unlike they have 24 hrs and you have 72! If that is the case you sure well can work hard! So I think being smart is important. Choosing what is important to concentrate on, be effective when studying, be concise, to the point. So some times being a 'farmer', being too pure and straight may stand you not in too good a stead sometimes. God gave us a brain, we must use it to good effect. So why are scholars 'scholars' if they are not any much smarter than us nor are they working as hard nor do they have more time? It may well be not "USING UR BRAIN" enough...what do you guys think?

Part 1 over. Part 2 now. I would like to believe now, at this point in time in my life, some things are really fated. Yuyee must be right when he says you win some you lose some. As true as that might be, don't let that be an excuse not to be the top. Not 'top' in comparison with others but the 'top of your iwn abilities'. With that you are fair to yourself and end of story, you don't measure yourself up with anyone.

I would like to take this chance to tell you all my essay got a second upper, so I am quite happy. Then again, I put in quite a lot of effort so you can say I was a bit disapointed the result is not relative to the work I FEEL I put in. I use the word 'FEEL' because I may be wrong, people may as well be working just as hard. It's only my own measurement. I am satisfied because I know at least I am on the right track yet I am a bit disappointed because I feel I put in a lot of effort into it. But my wise mom told me this: " Yes you can put in the hard work but don't expect how much you put in will be reflected in your results." It is true. Nothing in life is so absolute. Doesn't mean you work hard means you will get it. It merely means you won't fall apart if you work hard, you will at least stay with the average pack. What is needed is however that 'difference' that will set you aside. You need to find that difference. Oh no, seems like im overlapping with the first topic. Haha. And yes SQ, back to you. I know its hard but we all must learn to accept the world isnt as absolute as we hope it is. It applies to everyone across the board, you are not alone. I actually felt very happy when I got my results back haha...really overjoyed la..then that day I gave myself nights off didnt study! haha...I got so much to tell you all la...soon ya...By then you all dont tell me to stop talking...Goodnight!




Truly wish all the people I care for will be happy and healthy,
Esmond





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]