Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Exams are finally over for me.
Days are over so quickly and before you know it, my 1st semester is over. Let's break it down little by little...
It first started with freshmen orientation camp (FOC). Where every possible chance of getting embarrassed is exploited and utilised to its fullest potential. I go so sick of the games and everyone that I just walked off... In the end everyone had to wait for me then they can start the games. I became one of the public enemies of yr one. The yr 2s kind of disliked me and the people I hung out with. But then again, not that I cared...
Then came the first proper day at school. Everything was so new and I got lost soon enough. Got to know more and more people as time went on... It was through interaction that i realised 19 yr olds will always be 19 yr olds. Then can't get any more mature... Even if they try to dress as such and talk and act as they do.
Guys came in all shapes and sizes too. Especially in my school, which supposedly reeks of an overdose of arty-fartyness. We have feminine guys, guys that try way too much in getting acquainted with girls, guys who are nerds (they happen to be nice people), and of course, guys spouting Hokkien expletives and wear slippers everyday...me included.
Days went by as I tried to grasp the essence of my coursework and the meaning behind communication. It took me quite a while of getting used to and now, you can say that I know what Communication Studies is about... roughly...
People were as diverse as the insects you can find in my hall, and soon I understood that being true to yourself is the most important thing. People will compare you with other people. Especially if you're a guy in my school. Athough I managed to steer clear of that for the time being.
Christmas is around the corner. I can't believe how quickly time has flowed ahead of us. I can only recall how terrible Christmas is for all of us. It's only another day to remind us of how pathetic our lives can be. I do hope to make use of this year's Christmas and finally do something productive and meaningful. I've always wanted to do charity work on Christmas day and I think many of us will want to follow my lead. I'll search for any possible lobang and I'll let you guys know right...
2006 beckons...





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]