Monday, September 12, 2005

To all my friends.

Hi Guys,
I would like to take this chance to thank all of you for a wonderful Saturday evening. I am neither over glorifying it, nor am I being over-emotional. I am speaking now in a calm and composed manner. This friendship we all share is unique. It is special because it consists of ten individuals -coming from different family backgrounds, with different interests and abilities- gelling together despite these differences and accepting each other for both their strengths and weaknesses. Each of us held on to their own concepts and ideals on what a friendship must be and through these rugged determination - we have fought the fights, we have quarelled as if our lives depended on it-, now, we have gotten over competition for our rights and accepting each other for the unique individual we all are.

This is to me friendship. If any one of you had taken a moment on Saturday to look at us, I am sure you will be proud of yourself and the group. Do you all realise how comfortable we are with each other? I noticed the look of joy, the comfort of trust, the strong faith and the continuous laughter. This friendship has taught me so much about life, much more than I can ever explain in this short message. Let us all not take these values or must I say, 'pillars of support' of the friendship for granted. The building blocks are TRUST, HONESTY, TOLERANCE and LOYALTY. We all have worked hard to achieve this, we have taken 9 long years to build this wonderful relationship. As I have mentioned, we have fought the fights and suffered numerous injustice, but every inch of it has been worthwhile. Be proud of it but do not take them for granted, we must build on what we have and work on where we lack. Trust and loyalty are intricate and effervescent issues which can prove to be fleeting if we become overwhelmed by greed and selfishness. We are only humans I understand but we can work at allowing greed play a minimal role. It is a tough battle, no doubt, but I will undertake the responsibility of bringing this friendship to greater heights and I hope all of you are with me. It is hard to establish a sincere and truthful friendship but it is even harder to maintain one.

Let us keep the friendship devoid of the harmful traits present in the outside world. Take this friendship as a child, treat it with care and delicateness and I assure every one of you that in ten years time, we will see each other more and more as one big family. Treat each other as a brother,not the talk cock kind of "brrruuudderrr". Help each other develop to become a better man. Scold him as he deserves if you feel his actions are morally challenged but praise him whenever he chooses right over evil. Always encourage him to pursue his dreams but pull him down to earth whenever the situation requires. No words of discouragement should be spoken. Guide your brother through life ; be the light he needs in moment of darkness. Carry him when he stumble and falls, if need be, 'piggy-back' him as you go along in life so he would not be left behind. As long as we all have a clear mind where this friendship should and must head, as long as we have a purpose and goal in mind, we can achieve it! If we want a friendship, we make sure we make one hell of a excellent friendship and brotherhood. Like what my coach always tell me: You want to send a team for competition, we be sure you send a great team; work at it, make it possible! If not, don't waste time with a half-hearted, no ambition team. Let us not be this half-hearted team and only give when we want to give. To achieve greater heights, we must give even when we don't want to give, only then can this friendship be great!




Esmond





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]