Tuesday, September 27, 2005
Before you leave...
Victor... Before you leave, I just want to say how your presence influenced us all. Without you, the lot of us wil never be the way we are now. For me personally, I really want to express my gratitude for all your support and encouragement all these years. I believe it started with our common goal of becoming a pilot and the dashing of this goal which affected greatly to say the least. Then it was the path which we initially chosen, mechanical engineering and later branching out to aeronautical engineering in NUS. It didn't materialise in the long run as we can both testify to that. But you stuck to this path and you're exploring a whole new environment which many of us could or would but did not. You took the bold step and as they say, fortune favours the bold. You will find new experiences and challenges never before seen or heard in Singapore. I believe you are strong, I know you are brave and I hope you are safe. I am going to miss you and all the talks with you. I am going to miss all the times we shared together and I am going to miss building common goals with you, I am going to miss the way you laugh and I am going to miss Ivy scolding you. You and Ivy are on the verge of another trial, this time more potent and testing. I cannot foretell the future but I know how you feel. I remember sometimes you telling me that you would someday hope to marry her and you promised that I might stand a chance of being your best man. I really hope you guys can envision this scene in your minds and hearts as a constant reminder that even though you guys are far away, in fact, you all are really not so far away. Distance is but a numeral, the displacement between you and Ivy is in fact zero. Remember you guys are always connected within your heartstrings and you guys share the same view of the moon. Nothing is to taxing if you both have each other in your hearts. Without a shadow of a doubt, it's going to be difficult, it's going to be very difficult. What Ive learned from my days in NDU is that adversity only strengthens you and pain is only weakness leaving your body. Let this be a final hurdle before the best of days to come. Let this be the final step till you see each other again. Let this be the final dash till the finish line. I can already see the happiness you and Ivy will share. Can you?
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]