Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Shoes are Very Important

I truly understand this today from my 3 killer blisters and other smaller ones which I got from wearing Es's "favourite" boots on Sunday. Every step I took was taken with immense pain. No joke. This was made much worse when the plasters I plastered onto my feet kept dropping off. Aren't there better plasters around?! I was so affected by the pain that I'm limping, and walking on the "sides" of my feet. Now my calves are beginning to ache as well. OUCH!

I'm typing this entry on the bus. The bus uncle is crazy; the bus is freaking freezing. Had an experience today. Woke up at 0615 for HISS. It wasn't a wasted trip. The response there was overwhelming, and I was touched by the childrens' actions, as compared to the SMU students which I went for in the afternoon. The Holy Innocent students; their recess money is like 5-10 times lesser compared to the SMU rich kids, but they were more than willing to help in the name of charity. They were so willing that I was shocked. There were some boys who held $6 in their hands and walked up to me,"I want to buy." Knn! Damn cute la! I'm touched by their actions. The problem with them is that they are not motivated and do not know which direction they want to head to. I think they need help in these areas.

Through this blog, I would like to thank Blackie and Es. Black, thanks for offering us the opportunity to go HISS. This guy here keeps insisting me not to call him Blackie in skool, so I started calling him Victor. Damn weird I tell you haha nec time you all can try. The notebooks sales are also finally picking off, from an initial debt of $1417.50, we are breaking even and close to a profit of $1000 and rising. Thanks black, for helping us with the logistics side as well. This door that you opened for us is greater than anyone buying any number of notebooks from us. This has indeed been a fulfilling experience.

I would like to thank Es as well. During morning assembly, when the national anthem was on, the whole school was as quiet as a cemetery you could hear crickets maybe, and this bugger beside me started singing,"Marikitaya, Ra Singapurasa...." Damn funny I tell you, I couldn't control myself laughing. Es taught me how to treat the students with sincerity. Not only students, but to people as well. Once he got started, I was influenced straightaway and went on a roll. Thanks for the planning and transportation too. You brought out the Ghandi in me.

After reaching home, I washed up and proceeded to SMU. On my way to Woodlands for tuition, cos I was tired, I decided to take the train to Marina Bay from City Hall so I could sit all the way. When you are suay, you can't escape bad things. When I was falling asleep, I suddenly opened my eyes and saw this pregnant woman standing in front of me. Aiyo train so big why I kena? Still having the Ghandi in me from the morning, no choice I gave up my seat for her. After she alighted, one Ah Ma majiam 100m race chiong to the seat. Her face was like giving me the,"Urghhhh..... Damn Shag" look. "Ah Ma, lim peh also damn tired la!" I thought to myself, but no choice suck thumb all the way. Got a seat approaching Woodlands. Ha!

The teachers from HISS were also encouraging. There was one Miss ONG Cheng Cheng or Ching Ching who gave us many constuctive ideas and even wanted my contact in case she needed more orders. Mrs Kathy Fernandez too for asking us to be role models (HA!) for the students there. But she has her point. Got contacts from LimeWire as well.

Yea hopefully the rest of the notebooks will be sold out as well. Great day!






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]