Monday, August 15, 2005

Chinese 7th month

Hey its the chinese 7th month. Think none of you all has watched or listened to any ghost shows or stories.

Although I'm desperately short of preparation for my stats test, I have 3 stories to share, 1 happened to me yesterday, 1 of them my mother told me, and the last one my fren told me. So allow me to prepare you all for the mood.

Part 1

Yesterday, which was a Sunday, I was working at Palais Renaissance, with my collegue, Magdelene. As it was a Sunday, the whole office was occupied only by the 2 of us. Halfway, she asked, " Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"Listen."

The radio in the office was tuned to 98.7 FM, and after a while, I noticed a sound, which went "Mmmmm, Mmmmm", which was trying to follow and imitate the tune of the song on the radio. The sound certainly did not sound as if it came from the radio. It wasn't being hummed on the same side where the speakers were.

"Eh dun scare me le!"

"I'm scaring myself!"

I was pretty freaked out then. However, being the Guy, I decided to check out the office. The sound came from the corner of the office from a desk. I went near the table and stood there for a while, to realise that no more sound came from there anymore. I then turned down the radio volume to confirm, and the "Mmmmm" sound didn't come again.

After that, we carried on working. This time something different happened. The radio turned off by itself. We looked at each other and stoned for a while.

Again, I was pretty freaked out, but yes, again, being the Guy, I decided to check it out, only to realise that the radio wasn't turned off, but the volume was turned down. Turned down, but by who?

We were pretty scared by then, and finished our stuff promptly and went back.

Part 2

My mother's fren was told her about the story.

Apparently her daughter had a high fever. She was so sick that she was admitted to Tan Tock Seng hospital.

One night, she was accompanying her daughter at the hospital. Her daughter was pretty ill, so she held her daughter's hands and sat by her side. Her daughter opened her eyes, and said," Mom, dun sit so far away from me, come closer, I'm scared."

Her mom was only just next to her.

Her mother saw a number on her daughter's pillow, and it was written ward 45. She then remembered her earlier conversation with a nurse, that the pillows at ward 45 were used for patients during the SARS period, where the patients were made to separate themselves from their loved ones, in case of any infection.

And that was why her daughter had the vision that her mother was sitting so far away from her.

Part 3

There was this particular casanova, who was unfortunately, a playboy. He played with women and toyed with their hearts.

One day, he met this girl, who was simple, innocent and new to the world. He charmed her, and at the end, they slept together. And expectedly, he left after he got what he wanted, and left the poor woman with their children alone. Despite her efforts, the guy had already made up his mind.

One afternoon, the woman came ringing at his door. He opened it, and without saying another word, the woman ran to his balcony, and jumped down.

She was wearing red on that occasion.

7 days later, while the guy was returning home, he felt something spooky. He hurried, remembering about the woman, and his fren saying that spirits visit the mortal world on the 7th day, and suddenly, he heard a sound.

"Thump"

"Thump"

"Thump"

He walked faster, and the sound came faster too.

"Thump"
"Thump"
"Thump"

At that time, he was terrified and ran for his home. He ran into his bedroom immediately, locked the door, and hid under the bed. His mattress had a long bed sheet, which stretched to the floor. His view was thus blocked.

Underneath the bed, he heard the door being forced open. He shook like a leaf, and prayed hard for nothing to happen. After a while, when all was calm and serene, he lifted up the bedsheet slowly.

He saw the woman's head, which was upside down.

"I finally found you."

The "thump" sound was because the woman who committed suicide fell on her head when she jumped from his balcony, with the head landing first before the body. The body was thus travelling upside down on the way to seek her vengeance.

The End





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]