Monday, July 18, 2005

A STRANGE THING HAPPENED TODAY….

As I was bathing after I came back from camp, my mum received a rather strange phone call from a nurse> she claimed to be from a clinic near esmond’s house and asked us to do her a favor by going to our neighbour living in unit 174 and ask a lady named Irene to call back. She said it was urgent and had tried calling her house and hp but couldn’t get through and coincidentally she knew my number as my mum had visited the clinic only recently…As it was rather a strange request, my dad suggest maybe we should ask them to continue calling her, but my occupational hazard kicks in and thought what IF it was really something big and as we are living in unit 172...It’s only a wall away from us…10 mins later the nurse called us me again as I was preparing to leave and plead with us to help her and sounded desperate…I arrived at my neighbour’s doorstep and saw the lights on so there should be someone in there and started pounding on the door. After 5 mins the maid answered, I asked if Irene is at home and she pointed to the corner of the living room…I stepped up and saw her slumped on the sofa, her hp and medication on the table. She was silent with a look as if her whole world had collapsed around her and seemingly trying to make out with what to do with the days ahead…and she did not even notice my presence…I told her what the nurse said and told her the clinic’s number…she picked up the hp and dialed and I just slipped away back to my house…Back home I just couldn’t stop thinking about it, my heart goes out to her hoping it is something curable…
and wondered how blessed me, my family and my friends are now. As im typing this she maybe just opposite this room thinking what is going to happen… We are lucky that our lives are still not derailed by catastrophic events that are out of our prediction and control and if it really does happen to us, do we have the courage to live on? It is this kind of event that makes me think what the fuck a big deal is with breakup…it hurts badly but it pales in comparison. But anything, im sure our family and especially eastsidebackstreet will always be there to pick up the pieces and provide the courage. We should be happy as we are lucky and we certainly do as our lives are blissful…and god bless always.
Signing off with a quote from Steve Jobs:” If u live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right. “
Cheers!

Dumbo





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]