Friday, November 27, 2009

A thought

It’s funny how I used to think that I knew most of the things going on around me, but really the complexities of dealing with people is much harder than I imagined.

I live by a rule – do not do unto others what you don’t want others to do unto you. And ‘logically’, do unto others what you want others to do unto you. While the former is quite true, the latter is not, and I took a while to realize that.

This is because while people generally concur on the way they do not want to be treated, how they WANT to be treated differ greatly. So when it comes to how people WANT to be treated, they do not give 2 hoots about how you want to be treated (and hence treating them the same way) – people want to be treated the way THEY want to be treated, and it takes a lot of time and effort to understand how.

So I guess my rule has to be tweaked – do not do unto others what you don’t want others to do unto you AND treat others the way THEY want to be treated (not how you would like to be treated)

On a side note, I have managed to booked a chalet at Coasta Sands Sentosa from 20th Dec (Sunday) to 22nd Dec (Tuesday). Would like to invite all of you for a BBQ on 20th Dec.

Songjie





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]