Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Singapore
And so I’m back. Ah Kow just called me for supper tonight. Surely my friends understand me well!
Seeing everyone at the airport left me a little too overwhelmed for words. The short walk after I alighted from the plane to baggage collection was filled with excitement and joy. I even walked slower on purpose to let the moment last longer. I cannot explain how happy I am to be back in Singapore. On the plane, I had a glimpse of Singapore when the old English couple beside me opened the window and the sun rays shone right in. Nothing like that in Europe.
The last few days in Paris were spent running errands and walking around and doing nothing. Weather was very good. I visited some of the places where I first reached Paris. Took some photos in sepia mode to make them look more nostalgic. I cooked the food I ate for the past 3 months and they still tasted very well to me, after eating them everyday for 2 months and then stopping completely for about a month due to traveling. I caught the movie, ‘Lust Caution’ at one of the cinemas, wanting to support a Chinese film in Europe and also trying out their theatre. Surprisingly, the theatre was full-house and the seats were free seating. I thought that Tony Leung deserves an Oscar for his efforts in the show.
Memories, memories, memories. I have 30 posts on them. I’m glad I have spent time and blogged about them and I can always read them when I’m in the mood.
Chinese New Year is coming soon. My favourite festival of the year. Then, I have to get my act together for the upcoming term. I feel fresh like a baby. I have set some targets for myself and I want to achieve them. Ivy and Blackie, don’t worry I won’t be too hard on myself if I do not. Thanks for your very kind words always.
Take care guys overseas! Have fun!
Songjie
Seeing everyone at the airport left me a little too overwhelmed for words. The short walk after I alighted from the plane to baggage collection was filled with excitement and joy. I even walked slower on purpose to let the moment last longer. I cannot explain how happy I am to be back in Singapore. On the plane, I had a glimpse of Singapore when the old English couple beside me opened the window and the sun rays shone right in. Nothing like that in Europe.
The last few days in Paris were spent running errands and walking around and doing nothing. Weather was very good. I visited some of the places where I first reached Paris. Took some photos in sepia mode to make them look more nostalgic. I cooked the food I ate for the past 3 months and they still tasted very well to me, after eating them everyday for 2 months and then stopping completely for about a month due to traveling. I caught the movie, ‘Lust Caution’ at one of the cinemas, wanting to support a Chinese film in Europe and also trying out their theatre. Surprisingly, the theatre was full-house and the seats were free seating. I thought that Tony Leung deserves an Oscar for his efforts in the show.
Memories, memories, memories. I have 30 posts on them. I’m glad I have spent time and blogged about them and I can always read them when I’m in the mood.
Chinese New Year is coming soon. My favourite festival of the year. Then, I have to get my act together for the upcoming term. I feel fresh like a baby. I have set some targets for myself and I want to achieve them. Ivy and Blackie, don’t worry I won’t be too hard on myself if I do not. Thanks for your very kind words always.
Take care guys overseas! Have fun!
Songjie
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]