Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Paris 22

I visited the Centre Pompidou and the museum of modern arts last week. The modern arts were abstract and some played a lot with technology.
Centre Pompidou, along with other big players like Lourve and D'orsay. Apparently this ultra long transparent escalator tube caused a commotion when it was built but I dunno why.

This is art?! I felt quite perplexed till I saw the next exhibit which was worse.

Even my tuition kid can do this! Haha!

Quote: Art and life: 'Subversive, ironic, mutant, incoherent, complex, dissonant: the art being made today, whether object, painting, installation or sculpture, is born under the sign of excess, and nothing taboo. It is neither aesthetic not social in its ambitions. The contemporary scene presents a gamut of heterogenous approaches, open and inventive, tackling a great diversity of topics: eroticism; territory and the way we think space; the flux of subjective associations, linking the organic, the physiological and the psychological; or the world of objects, of design and of everyday life. Some are concerned with fiction, narrative and word-play, others with flow and the circulation of energies, the collage of intensities. Strangers to melancholy and to any consensus, today's artists live dissension, producing radical work.'
Colorful



This painting is massive. The colorful backgrounds are actually designed by pens. Drawn every morning for 365 days. Talk about patience and determination. Here you have it.

Quote: 'All Pevsner's art is in the virtuosity with which he overcomes the coldness and rigidity of metal to endow it with an unexpected lightness, suppleness and immateriality.'

The spot where Princess Diana's car crashed

This time’s trip to Barcelona was good, although nothing was planned. Had 2 buffets, one Japanese and one sort of Spanish. Visited Park Guell designed by Antonia Gaudi. Gaudi came from the Catalan word ‘Gaudir’ which means ‘to enjoy’, and this surely epitomizes Barcelona’s attitude. Visited a bar, had our free shots and left. Barcelona has very very very good weather.
Jap buffet

Spanish buffet

A close up photo of mine for those who miss me. The guy on the left is gay. Lola saw him kissing another guy. Yikes!

Blackie din know you were in Barcelona too :D

Christmas lightings are up!


At Park Guell. Wind was really strong. Almost blew me off the moutain. Haha yah right.

King of the world!


Familiar hand gestures adapted from Esmond!

A very natural shot taken of Lola. I love this photo.

A shot overlooking the city with Sangrida Familia in the background and the sea.

Sun Wu Kong

Barcelona looking like CocoBongo. The pillars on the right were designed on scientific grounds for rain collection purposes.

Final shot of Lola and I in Barcelona

Sunny skies with cool winds. Memories to last a lifetime.

This trip was pretty exciting too, for the wrong reasons. Firstly was my trip to Barcelona. Missed the shuttle bus, but made it there nonetheless. The timings of the bus is very dumb, and I feel vexed talking about it so I shan’t. The second thing was on my way back I almost got pickpocket in Barcelona. I was traveling down the escalator while trying to remove some fleece from my jacket. I then felt a tug at my backpack and turned around and saw 2 men behind me. They were in their mid 30s, neither blacks nor gypsies (the common misconceptions), but normal looking whites although they looked a little like drug addicts. One of them was unzipping my bag. I turned around and looked at them and both of them denied eye contact with me. I then tugged my backpack to my side and checked if anything was missing. No valuables were in that section and the 2 men sped off in different directions into the metro after leaving the escalator. This gave me quite a shock! But I guess it's true that bad things happen, only much lesser in Singapore, so I guess this serves as a reminder to all of you when you all travel in the future next time.
Last but not least, the 2 meals prepared by us. Yums.






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]