Saturday, October 13, 2007
Paris 5
Today should be day 17. I stepped on dog shit yesterday. I know Parisians like dogs, but I do not understand what is so difficult to use a piece of tissue to clean up the mess. It’s like a mine field around my estate, and I only let down my guard for an instant and I got wet, sticky, smelly and fresh dog poo in my boots.
I am supposed to receive my pin code for my ATM card last Friday, but it has been delayed for more than a week. So I went down to the office yesterday and asked about my pin. The person whom I spoke to couldn’t really speak English and a kind lady next to my counter translated it for me. She told me that the guy had sent the letter already and there was nothing he could do. I then explained to her that I was supposed to get my card a week ago. She said,” Boy, this is France! Nothing works in France!” And she said the same thing in French and everyone laughed in agreement. Funny these French, I do not understand how they work. Just went to settle my internet 2 days ago and they were efficient and chop chop and if nothing goes wrong I will get stable internet next Thursday. I pray nothing goes wrong.
I went to the Cathedral of Notre Dame just now. I alighted at St Michel Metro and could not find the Cathedral initially, because the buildings around the Metro were all pretty impressive. I think the Europeans places a lot of emphasis on their buildings and artwork. I realized that Christians and Catholics will like Europe, as even I was quite overwhelmed by the sheer size of the churches and the elaborate designs of the statues in it. The churches look fairly simple at first glance, but a closer look will reveal much more. I stayed for the session they had for a while and they were playing the organ and the choir was singing really nice.
The rugby world cup is on right now and I would love to take a look. However, the cheapest tickets are going for 95 Euros which I do not mind but they are already sold out. The next cheapest tickets are 215 Euros. I do not think I would pay this kind of money for the ‘experience’.
So far I have not stepped into many of the places as they required an entrance fee. I am sure there are much more to see inside the Arc de Triomphe, Lourve or the Cathedral. Going to wait for Laura if she wants to see them. If not I am contemplating to view them myself someday.
The Cathedral de Notre Dame
I am supposed to receive my pin code for my ATM card last Friday, but it has been delayed for more than a week. So I went down to the office yesterday and asked about my pin. The person whom I spoke to couldn’t really speak English and a kind lady next to my counter translated it for me. She told me that the guy had sent the letter already and there was nothing he could do. I then explained to her that I was supposed to get my card a week ago. She said,” Boy, this is France! Nothing works in France!” And she said the same thing in French and everyone laughed in agreement. Funny these French, I do not understand how they work. Just went to settle my internet 2 days ago and they were efficient and chop chop and if nothing goes wrong I will get stable internet next Thursday. I pray nothing goes wrong.
I went to the Cathedral of Notre Dame just now. I alighted at St Michel Metro and could not find the Cathedral initially, because the buildings around the Metro were all pretty impressive. I think the Europeans places a lot of emphasis on their buildings and artwork. I realized that Christians and Catholics will like Europe, as even I was quite overwhelmed by the sheer size of the churches and the elaborate designs of the statues in it. The churches look fairly simple at first glance, but a closer look will reveal much more. I stayed for the session they had for a while and they were playing the organ and the choir was singing really nice.
The rugby world cup is on right now and I would love to take a look. However, the cheapest tickets are going for 95 Euros which I do not mind but they are already sold out. The next cheapest tickets are 215 Euros. I do not think I would pay this kind of money for the ‘experience’.
So far I have not stepped into many of the places as they required an entrance fee. I am sure there are much more to see inside the Arc de Triomphe, Lourve or the Cathedral. Going to wait for Laura if she wants to see them. If not I am contemplating to view them myself someday.
The Cathedral de Notre Dame
The session
Along the river..
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]