Monday, October 08, 2007
Paris 3
Leonidas! True fighters do not wear anything, other than a helmet and robe. Not very sheltered i think.
The Mona Lisa, heavily guarded and people can go near.
Look at the tears of the baby, very lifelike.
The water too.
Lourve
My bedroom
Arc de Triomphe
Day 12
I finally moved. Not to Aline’s apartment, but to another place. On the good side, it is cheaper, going at about 800 Euros a month with the bills and utilities included, I can move in earlier (last night), and it is very spacious. Vania likes it too because of the cheaper rent, and that unlike Aline’s apartment, she does not have to pass by my room when she wants to go out of her room.
On the bad side, it is very old, rather dirty, far from metro, far from school, no internet yet, quite eerie, and we have to play Aline out. To be completely honest, despite all the good points about the current apartment I am living in, I prefer Aline’s apartment. My reasoning is that money can be earned back in the future, if it means giving me a better conscious of not playing someone out.
But now, another person comes into the picture and makes things a lot more complicated. After much self-reasoning, I decided that taking this apartment was the more appropriate choice.
I had wanted to call Vania on the house line just now and ended calling Aline instead. Haha. And I told Aline about the current apartment I’m staying now. She did not sound very happy, as she rejected another offer for us. I feel bad about it, and I hope she understands.
I visited the Arc de Triomphe yesterday. There is a history behind it but I’m not too sure about it now. I would need to start reading up the history on all the places I visited to be able to appreciate them more. Also, I walked along Champs Elysee and saw many big brands like LV, Gucci and Bally. If you guys want anything from here let me know.
Visited the Lourve today. It was great, but I have not explored the details yet as I was tired due to bad sleep last night. It is free every first Sunday of the month. In order to know more, the audio guide is necessary. Maybe I would go down one of these days and coop myself in the Museum for a couple of days.
The paintings and sculptures are nice, especially if you look at the amount of details in it. Some of the paintings are so big you wonder how long the painter took to finish. The first painting I wanted to see was the elusive Mona Lisa. And I took some photos of it. I do not know if I am allowed to, as there were many signs saying that no photography are allowed, but everyone is taking out cameras and snapping non stop.
Tomorrow the cleaning lady will be coming by our apartment for a few hours. Let’s hope she does a good job. I did not take a photo of the toilet bowl because it was too repulsive.
It sometimes feels weird to rent an old place. This apartment, has afterall, been vacant for 2 months. You do not know the person who was sleeping on the bed you are sleeping now and how he was as a person. Was he a psychopath or some sadistic ‘The Hostel’ maniac? I really shouldn’t have watched ‘The Hostel’.
The owner of the apartment is an old lady called Marie who does not live in central Paris. We did not even sign a contract with her and everything was based on ‘trust’. Although I would have felt safer if there was a contract, Vania said that the lady was an introduction from a close friend whose 2 Russian friends have been living here for 1 year. Marie isn’t a businesswoman, as she said it herself, hence she did not advertise this apartment on the internet nor prepare a contract. I just hope when I wake up tomorrow morning, there will not be a pig’s head hanging there! But she seems nice enough. After we paid the prepaid rent and she handed over the keys, she bought champagne and we toasted. I said ‘Avil al shan teh!’ which meant something courteous when people toast to you. She took a while to figure out what I was saying and said,” Ahhh.. you are speaking French!” Haha maybe I really should improve on my pronunciation.
I finally moved. Not to Aline’s apartment, but to another place. On the good side, it is cheaper, going at about 800 Euros a month with the bills and utilities included, I can move in earlier (last night), and it is very spacious. Vania likes it too because of the cheaper rent, and that unlike Aline’s apartment, she does not have to pass by my room when she wants to go out of her room.
On the bad side, it is very old, rather dirty, far from metro, far from school, no internet yet, quite eerie, and we have to play Aline out. To be completely honest, despite all the good points about the current apartment I am living in, I prefer Aline’s apartment. My reasoning is that money can be earned back in the future, if it means giving me a better conscious of not playing someone out.
But now, another person comes into the picture and makes things a lot more complicated. After much self-reasoning, I decided that taking this apartment was the more appropriate choice.
I had wanted to call Vania on the house line just now and ended calling Aline instead. Haha. And I told Aline about the current apartment I’m staying now. She did not sound very happy, as she rejected another offer for us. I feel bad about it, and I hope she understands.
I visited the Arc de Triomphe yesterday. There is a history behind it but I’m not too sure about it now. I would need to start reading up the history on all the places I visited to be able to appreciate them more. Also, I walked along Champs Elysee and saw many big brands like LV, Gucci and Bally. If you guys want anything from here let me know.
Visited the Lourve today. It was great, but I have not explored the details yet as I was tired due to bad sleep last night. It is free every first Sunday of the month. In order to know more, the audio guide is necessary. Maybe I would go down one of these days and coop myself in the Museum for a couple of days.
The paintings and sculptures are nice, especially if you look at the amount of details in it. Some of the paintings are so big you wonder how long the painter took to finish. The first painting I wanted to see was the elusive Mona Lisa. And I took some photos of it. I do not know if I am allowed to, as there were many signs saying that no photography are allowed, but everyone is taking out cameras and snapping non stop.
Tomorrow the cleaning lady will be coming by our apartment for a few hours. Let’s hope she does a good job. I did not take a photo of the toilet bowl because it was too repulsive.
It sometimes feels weird to rent an old place. This apartment, has afterall, been vacant for 2 months. You do not know the person who was sleeping on the bed you are sleeping now and how he was as a person. Was he a psychopath or some sadistic ‘The Hostel’ maniac? I really shouldn’t have watched ‘The Hostel’.
The owner of the apartment is an old lady called Marie who does not live in central Paris. We did not even sign a contract with her and everything was based on ‘trust’. Although I would have felt safer if there was a contract, Vania said that the lady was an introduction from a close friend whose 2 Russian friends have been living here for 1 year. Marie isn’t a businesswoman, as she said it herself, hence she did not advertise this apartment on the internet nor prepare a contract. I just hope when I wake up tomorrow morning, there will not be a pig’s head hanging there! But she seems nice enough. After we paid the prepaid rent and she handed over the keys, she bought champagne and we toasted. I said ‘Avil al shan teh!’ which meant something courteous when people toast to you. She took a while to figure out what I was saying and said,” Ahhh.. you are speaking French!” Haha maybe I really should improve on my pronunciation.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]