Monday, October 22, 2007
Paris 10
Today's temperature reached 9 degrees celcius, the coldest so far I have been here. It's really cold, even though my room had 4 people (including Laura and her 2 NZ frens, Emma & Anna) and the windows were closed it was still cold. I am having a little bit of flu but I am recovering after some medicine as my sense of taste is back. Laura just left, and there's a weird silence inside my place. I think it's amazing how 2 people can grow to be mutually dependent on each other. But right now, I can only try to reminiscise the good times we had and look forward to more.
Atop the Arc de Triomphe, a bird's eye view again (Well actually like what Laura said, every view seems almost the same, so we may be missing some soon), where there the blue map shows the location of the toutistic sights in Paris. See Eiffel picture aligning with the real Eiffel.
The 'Pencil' lookalike and the Ferris Wheel, near Champs-Elysees.
Zinedine Zidane and I in the adidas shop. His picure I mean haha. He made this funny commercial with Orange, the equivalent of Singtel in France, with the theme Rugby World Cup. You guys should watch it.
At the Chinese Buffet, where Laura and I left very full, but satisfied and sleepy.
Below the Eiffel Tower, where Laura and I went to watch the Finals Rugby game between England and South Africa. The Eiffel had sparkling white lights around it. Very nice. Coincidentally, it was green and yellow, the color of South Africa's flag, and all the rowdy but passionate England fans kept singing and chanting 'Turn the tower Red and White!'
Laura and I had beer all over us when England scored a try, but only to be disallowed. The fans were furious, and in the end South Africa won. Laura and I wanted to leave early to avoid the angry fans, but everything was ok.
Our most expensive meal in France, actually to be honest it's the most expensive one Laura and I had since we have know each other. Total damage 32 Euros. It's authentic French food, but some of the dishes tastes similar to Oriental food I think. Laura and I enjoyed it very much.
Foie Gras. This dish alone costs 8 Euros. but Laura and I couldn't appreciate it. Foie Gras is this duck fat with goose liver sauce I think. It taste rich and a small can at Ikea cost 40 Euros. Like the Abalone of the Chinese.
I think this duck is called Duck Cantin or Cancan or something, which is cooked over a long time in fat. They use salt to preserve some of the sauce and hence it tasted a little too salty for my liking.
The 'Oriental' dish. Sea Bass, very fresh.
Our desert, Tiramisu.
We went into the Treasury of the Cathedral de Notre Dame, and the picture below (look into the reflection of the mirror) is supposed to be one of the very nail which crucified Jesus Christ. If I am not wrong, the piece of wood in the glass chamber in the middle is part of the Cross too. Actually I feel that all religions are great, especially so when it can offer solace and a peace of mind to people. It does not really matter which religion you believe in and it's really silly to fight for which religion is the best. All of us should practise more tolerance for one another.
Laura asked me if I liked Barcelona or Paris more. I said I enjoyed Barcelona more but I like Paris more, and she said I was being politically correct. But that was really what I felt. In Barcelona, everything and everyone is warmer. but in Paris, the architectures are nicer. I think it is a 'good' bad thing that Laura and I did not end up together at Barcelona for exchange together, so that we could house and show each other when we know our places well enough between the 2 places.
And does Laura like Paris? She likes it enough to warrant her a kiss.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]