Tuesday, September 25, 2007

cheated

Hi my friends,

It seems that my exchange has taken a bad start. I am cheated of my 200 Euros deposit already. My friend in paris, Terence, has found out some information for me. Below is a report made by a victim before me.

EUR500 FRAUD ALERT: An all furnished studio (ernest olivier)

FRAUD ALERT: I wired deposit money for this apartment and now "ernest olivier" has disappeared, no email answers and his telephone number now not working. same scammer as other craigslist fraud warning post below. this was his craigslist ad and reply to me: Ernest Olivier Sent : Monday, August 13, 2007 1:57 PM To : Subject : Re: An all furnished studio

Ernest olivier was the person whom I wired the deposit to, the person whom I thought was the actual owner of the appartment, but it turned out that Ernest Olivier and Lionel Doyen, the person whom I was dealing with all this while, is actually the same person.

EUR500 Fraud; 38, Rue Gregoire de tours Reply to: hous-413484957@craigslist.org Date: 2007-09-04, 4:33PM CEST I paid deposit on this apartment, and the proprietaire disappeared. His "name" is Lionel Doyen.

Sigh. I was looking through the emails I had with him, and god he sounded really sincere.

From: Lionel Doyen [mailto:lionel_doyen@yahoo.com]Sent: Fri 7/13/2007 7:59 PMTo: YEO SongjieSubject: RE: FW: Concerning your ad on internet.
Hello Yeo,

I unterstand you well.That is why I tell you it is better to deal face to face. But how I can send you paper of the house? I can not send you a paper for any thing, but face to face, I will show you all the papers.

I thank you.


YEO Songjie wrote:
Hi Lionel,

Thanks for your reply. To be completely honest with you, I am trying to take more precautions as Chloe has met up with a fraudster who was only after her deposit for reserving the apartment. It was fortunate that she discovered the fraud in time. No discredit to your credibility, but I just felt that it was better for me to play safe, and I seek your kind understanding.

I hope to find someone currently in Paris now to settle the deal for me with you, but unfortunately there may not be any. The contract I have drafted is just to say that I have sent 200 Euros to you for reservation purposes. Do you mind giving me the exact address of your appartment, and any form of certification that the appartment belongs to Mr Ernest or you, which you could send to me in soft copy?

Many thanks,
Songjie

He even managed to convince Terence who visited his appartment on my behalf. What a son of a gun. I'm going to be homeless upon reaching paris, and will have to depend on my friend, Chloe, who was the person who introduced Lionel Doyen to me. But both of us really thought that this was a good deal.

I guess people who are easiest to cheat are people who need help, like me. We somehow manage to convince ourselves that everything's gonna be alright. I could have easily googled him, but I din. Don't ask me why. I just din man. Jing yi shi, zhang yi zhi. Suan le. Have to forget it man.

'The cosy living room'..




The 'ph.D student' Lionel Doyen, more like ph.D in cheating. I would enjoy seeing you in the prison son of a gun.





Songjie













<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]