Thursday, July 12, 2007
Random~~
Hi Guys,
It has been a while since anyone blogged, other than me haha. I’m waiting for my tuition at 8 and dinner so here I am.
Really looking forward to SQ and Xin coming back man. I wonder how much you all have changed but sure I am looking forward to seeing you guys and talk rubbish with you all again.
The people in Sg haven been meeting up as often as we could, except for weekly soccer matches. I think we should meet up soon and have good talks overnight at someone’s place or something. You know, just drink beer and BBQ and talk through the night, get a couple of nice VCDs or DVDs or something. It was really difficult that Es and Black are now back, let’s plan one of this soon yea.
You guys ever feel confused about something you have done? It’s like you take some time to think about something you are going to do, and then when you finally do it people comment and things do not turn out the way you expected and you begin to think whether you are doing the right thing. You think like should you just wait and time will tell that you have made the right move or that you have just made a serious mistake.
I’m saying this now cos of some things that have happened. For example, I wrote an email recently to my finance director and 2 managers about a project I have been working on because they have been procrastinating about it. It was a rather brash move in retrospect but I felt that taking a more active approach was better than waiting for them to give me further instructions and then procrastinating further. It turned out that I think I may have in one way or another offended some of them cos their replies were rather sarcastic. I’m not sure if I’m thinking too much but yea. If I have not done anything maybe things wun be like that, but I decided to take a gamble, and now I still felt that I had done the right thing.
I also realized recently that it’s really difficult handling a family well. It takes lots and lots of patience and determination and belief that things are going to be alright. I read about this story on another blog about a man and his wife. They were going to get a divorce and the man went to see his pastor and told him about his dying relationship with his wife. He told the pastor that he loved his wife a lot, and that he always thought he treated his wife well. He said,” I always leave the best part of the fish for my wife, the flesh on the cheeks, even though fish is my favourite food.” The pastor asked him,” Do your wife like fish?” & and man said no. Sometimes when we care for one another we always care for them the way in which we think is the best for them. But if we move up another level and think in terms of the way it’s going to make them happy, we could do things very different. I think this applies to studies too. Sometimes you just gotta give the Prof what he wants, and not about doing what you think is the best. If the Prof likes standard work, give him standard work. . If the Prof likes wayang, you should cut down on your standard work and give him wayang. Well, you guys get what I mean.
& yes I do hope that soccer games will serve as a bonding session for all of us. I think it’ll really feel good for all of us to play a sport and excel in it together. Win teams. Haha.
Songjie
It has been a while since anyone blogged, other than me haha. I’m waiting for my tuition at 8 and dinner so here I am.
Really looking forward to SQ and Xin coming back man. I wonder how much you all have changed but sure I am looking forward to seeing you guys and talk rubbish with you all again.
The people in Sg haven been meeting up as often as we could, except for weekly soccer matches. I think we should meet up soon and have good talks overnight at someone’s place or something. You know, just drink beer and BBQ and talk through the night, get a couple of nice VCDs or DVDs or something. It was really difficult that Es and Black are now back, let’s plan one of this soon yea.
You guys ever feel confused about something you have done? It’s like you take some time to think about something you are going to do, and then when you finally do it people comment and things do not turn out the way you expected and you begin to think whether you are doing the right thing. You think like should you just wait and time will tell that you have made the right move or that you have just made a serious mistake.
I’m saying this now cos of some things that have happened. For example, I wrote an email recently to my finance director and 2 managers about a project I have been working on because they have been procrastinating about it. It was a rather brash move in retrospect but I felt that taking a more active approach was better than waiting for them to give me further instructions and then procrastinating further. It turned out that I think I may have in one way or another offended some of them cos their replies were rather sarcastic. I’m not sure if I’m thinking too much but yea. If I have not done anything maybe things wun be like that, but I decided to take a gamble, and now I still felt that I had done the right thing.
I also realized recently that it’s really difficult handling a family well. It takes lots and lots of patience and determination and belief that things are going to be alright. I read about this story on another blog about a man and his wife. They were going to get a divorce and the man went to see his pastor and told him about his dying relationship with his wife. He told the pastor that he loved his wife a lot, and that he always thought he treated his wife well. He said,” I always leave the best part of the fish for my wife, the flesh on the cheeks, even though fish is my favourite food.” The pastor asked him,” Do your wife like fish?” & and man said no. Sometimes when we care for one another we always care for them the way in which we think is the best for them. But if we move up another level and think in terms of the way it’s going to make them happy, we could do things very different. I think this applies to studies too. Sometimes you just gotta give the Prof what he wants, and not about doing what you think is the best. If the Prof likes standard work, give him standard work. . If the Prof likes wayang, you should cut down on your standard work and give him wayang. Well, you guys get what I mean.
& yes I do hope that soccer games will serve as a bonding session for all of us. I think it’ll really feel good for all of us to play a sport and excel in it together. Win teams. Haha.
Songjie
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]