Friday, June 02, 2006

Thoughts in mind

Hey Guys,

I just finished packing my room so now I am just lying around, trying to find something to do. So I thought, why not blog?

I was talking to Lam on MSN and we discussed on our future plans. So many things seem so uncertain, to both of us. Lam has a bond to serve and I am not sure which field I should get into. Well, I am sure these thoughts have raced through our mind, even for a brief instance. What do I see Song, Sq or Yuyee and the rest in a few years time? How would life be? Would we find pleasure and peace at work, at home and in life in general?

Sometimes humans spend their whole life chasing for things that was never meant to be theirs and in their pursuit they have looked PAST the things that are right before them. For example, family ties, health, happiness and close friendships. Although we have all these important things we must bear in mind and hold close to our hearts, life does not allow us make these the only priority in life, or does it? You know there was once my mum called me from home. I was quite emotional then and I told her:" Mummy, actually all I wanna do is to make all of you (Parents,grandparents and my close friends) proud and to bring honour to the family. I could not have done all these without you and Daddy's support and I need you to constantly remind me of this." And my mom replied that although she is happy that I have all of them in mind but I need to release all these burdens and go out and be the person I can be without any inhibitions, without anything holding me back. Sometimes (actually alot of times) I really question where to draw the line. While freeing yourself of burdens, you need to stay rooted to who you are and what you do them for or you might really lose yourself in this wild goose chase. Do you all understand what I mean?

You know, my blog entries repeatedly speaks of achieving the best for our grades. I am not money-hungry (I hope all of you understand that) but I think things have indeed altered my perspective in life and made me much more realistic and practical. Only when we, as the man of the family, can bring food to the table and to provide good education to the kids can we then say we have 'half-done' our job as a responsible father. Besides our own family which needs our attention, when we eventually move out of our parents home and start our own lifes, we too need to take care of our age-old parents. How can we do all these without a standing in society? How can we do all these without being good at what we are doing?

I just realised I have been playing soccer for almost 12 yrs now. When i was sec 1 & 2, I still remember our class always won the inter-class soccer competition. We had Yihang, Eric Khaw and the like.) I thought I could play football forever then. I was 13 or 14 and Beckham and Giggs and Scholes, they all seem so big and far-fetched. But now I am 22, supposedly at the peak of fitness. The dream of playing for Man utd has long faded and really, how long more can I dribble the ball and run for 2hrs non-stop without having cramps? I think in five years time, my physical condition would take a downturn. Bones start getting a bit frail and I probably cant run the 2.4 like I can now. Then I think, would it matter to me that much then? What would I be thinking of then? I think when I am 27, I would be more concerned about putting food on the table! Haha!

My grandparents are getting really old now. My parents are not getting any younger too. It is really time to take over the reins from our dad. And in another 10-15 yrs time, our career path would take a downturn and we'll be the ones handing over the reins to our kids. Time doesn't wait for anyone really. So, Yuyee/Jacq/Song, continue to motivate each other and strive to be the best accountants in Singapore. Fear no one, and fear nothing. We just have to be who we are and strive for the best. Why should we aim/go for something lesser than what we deserve? I have confidence in three of you and we really owe it to our parents and our family to do well. Ah Kow, I hope too that you focus and do as well as you proved you can while in TPJC. Sq, you have immense talent and the ultimate choice is in your own hands.

NTU guys, Lam/Weixin/Weiqin. Lam, you are always very sure of your decisions and I hope god/buddha continue to give you strength and patience to see through all your decisions, good or bad. Weixin, don't you ever forget all the big plans you told me you have in your heart. Pursue it with all your might. We are all here for you. Er duo, it is time to put all past failures behind you. Start afresh and show your true talents.

Ok, thats about it. I gotta run along now. Sorry for the abrupt stop. Talk to you all soon.


Esmond





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]