Saturday, April 29, 2006

Some thoughts....

Hey guys!

I think by now except Ivy, all you guys back in Singapore must be enjoying yourself now. More so for Lam, being the last to finish the exams. Well guys its time to relax and recharge.
Make full use of the Holidays. Sometimes when we say making full use doesn't mean we have to really work and get a job, but to do something which we can find peace in our heart. I think that is more important.

I guess all of us are old enough to know how time is so precious to us, and certainly none of us will waste any of the time that we have now, so yes, please go and do things that you really like, care for the people around you, spend more time with the family and of course among one another.

Recently I have been struggling with the fragility of lives. First was my grandaunt's death, followed by this girl whom I supposed all of you guys should know by now, Joan. She's my friend's junior and I saw a presentation made for her by her friends. This is the first time I am so overwhelmed with what I saw. She is still fighting this losing battle and recently had a big scare. But thank God she is still fine. Ever since then she has been in my prayers. To all of you out there, whatever your beliefs are, please do keep her in your prayers too. I have told Weixin much about her, so if you guys are not too sure I am sure you can ask him about it. Third was my friend here in Uk, his close friend who is 22 died in his sleep. Adult Death Syndrome. His heart just stop. So as you can see, facing so many sad things at one time, I am just once again reminded how life can be so vulnerable. We don't have control of our destiny actually. Everyday when we wake up and see the sun it is a miracle itself. I just want to urge everyone of us to live each day to the fullest. I have come to realise its not about how much we can achieve at the end of the day that determines how fulfilling our day is, but how much peace with have in our heart with the things we have done at the end of each day which is more important. If you make a person smile and gain so much satisfaction, happiness and peace from it, you have fulfilled something for the day. Like Sq, if you find so much peace in just simply sitting and writing at home, that's good enough. Xin also, if by teaching the 2 kids and moulding them to better people in the future, that's good enough. Same for the rest. Yuyee, Lam, Es, Seto, Kow, Qin, Song.
The studying part and achieving good grades has been done. You guys have done your job and I am sure you guys have excelled in it. Now its the time to divert your focus to other things.

To Songjie Weixin and Sq, I am sure you guys are very much disappointed with not getting your desired internship/job. But the good thing is that at least you guys have tried. SO don't give up. I always believe when one door is shut, another better one has already been opened. So don't fret. Don't worry also. DOn't spend the day worrying for tomorrow, but enjoy the day that has been given to you. You guys are doing so fine in school, and I thank God for that. So I am very sure at the end of the day you guys will have promising careers. Not just the 3 of you, but everyone of you out there.

I have been very busy. Busy with my work, new stuff, new lab sessions, went to a aircraft museum 2 days ago, have labs in the afternoon everyday, but thankfully I am still enjoying every moment of it. Very busy and tired I won't deny, but at least I can still find something positive about it. Getting really fat also, all the spare tires coming up, so my gym buddies, better pull me back to the gym when I am back, of course that's after conquering Chomp Chomp! haha....

I hope you guys know what I am driving at. I am not trying to ask you guys to put down your main priority in life, put down your studies, your dreams and aspirations, put down your goals and career. I am trying to ask you to put in new things into your life. Peace, happiness, love, smiles, care, concern.(NOt that you guys don't have, but it will be better to have more!) Not just within the clique, but to everyone around you. Different Priorities are like big and small stones. Putting in small stones into the bottle first might not enable you to put the bigger stones in at the later stage. But putting in the big stones first probably allow you to put in more small stones at the later stage. This you can have both the big and small stones in. Of course you define what are your big and small stones in life. I shall not and I can't decide for you guys.

I am glad to have written this post, if I do make anyone who reads this post think and ponder a little, I will be very happy. Whoever does not agree with my post, I am sorry for making these statements that might seemed wrong to you. Just my 5 cent view. :)

Right, its the first time I am going to make myself sleep before 2. So I wil catch up with you guys again. Take care my dear friends, you guys mean alot to me!

Vic





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]