Sunday, April 23, 2006

Harsh post?

Hey Guys,

Exams are over for all of you, enjoying yourselves? Do have a good deserved break now that its the holidays. Thanks for asking my brother out yesterday, I really appreciate it.

I have been meaning to write this post for some time now and hopefully it makes sense to all of you. Whether or not some people might like to hear it or not, I am still going to say it. I think I have bottled it up long enough, so here it goes.

The past couple of years have been very very eventful and we have all grown and matured. Further we have become closer as a group of friends and the trust and bond is getting stronger by each year, if not day. We never really change who we are deep inside, I always believed so. How I see Yuyee, Song, Weiqin, Sq..all of you are the same people deep down as I know you through my Marist days. Maybe perspective has change but deep down, most of us are still who we really are.

I am proud of all of you. For what you ask? I say consistency. As friends we all have been consistent. No flowery words, no doubt but we have always been there for each other. People have come and gone and some others have (come and gone) and (COME AND GONE AGAIN). And these people I dont really care how they live their lives. So if you are reading this let me tell you, we do not need you and live the live you deem fit. NOTE: We are not doing charity by providing friendship, we are not a friendship hotel. That much said, I still respect you as an individual but if you are ever going to harm any of us, I think none of us will hesitate to take you down.

What are 'friends'? To me, true friends are brothers you never really had. Some people take friendship seriously, some take them lightly, some takes them seriously only when their soul mate leaves them, some takes them seriously only when they need comfort, solace, peace and all the heart-mending stuff. Again to these people, I tell you again I am not providing friendship as charity. If you intend to treat friendship that way, look elsewhere and whoever said you were even worthy enough to be a friend?

Right now, respect for others and appreciation rank at the top in my life. Even between friends, no matter how close we are, we need to show a degree of respect. Both to him as an individual and also for the wonderful things he, as a friend has brought to your life. For those who take people for granted and always only look out for themselves, self-seeking, you forget that the more you see yourself the MORE you will ONLY see yourself. If that is the way you want to live life, again that is your problem, not mine. Appreciation. Appreciate all the things your friends have done for you because you can never be who you are without these people in your life. Never. And even if you can achieve them, you are only an empty shell, with no heart, with no identity and substance. You belong to nowhere despite all your credentials. While your credentials speak for itself, it does not speak for the quality of your heart and life.

Consistency is key to me. No one has the right to claim he is a good friend if he treats someone like shit for one year and treats him like god the next year. I just don't think life works this way. I hope we never ever take this friendship lightly but guard it with our hearts. I think that is the only way to move ahead and I am sure this friendship is heading out very right. For those who have come and left, if you are reading this maybe you should consider not coming to read this blog again because it means nothing to you and nothing we say here is meant for you (realistically). Time will catch up with you.

I do not claim to be perfect plainly because I know I am not and never will be. I am learning about life just as well as all of you. Yet I truly believe we all have the prerogative to choose who we want in our lives, circle our lives around them and go through life together. Some people may hate me for saying this but be consistent in your love. Do not love only when you want to but love because this is the friends you CHOOSE to go through your happiest and worst times, love because this is the soulmate YOU HAVE CHOSEN and love your family because they are the people who love you most no matter what.

Treat everyone with respect and dignity. All the more for the people you love.



Esmond





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]