Monday, March 20, 2006

My 2 cents worth thoughts

Hey people,
I know I shouldn't even attempt to start blogging now, given the tons of work that I have to do even though its the last week before Easter break.
Anyway, I have been really busy, as explained in the previous long long time ago blog where I told you guys I will so very busy. In fact my project is due this week so have got alot of last minute summaries to compile.
I hope you guys have been doing fine, in fact I know you guys have been, given the many outings and photographs taken. Think right now some of you are with Seto now, and I am certainly most glad and happy that he is willing to try again.
Back to what I wanted to blog actually. Recently I have been coming across many issues regarding being submissive and at the same time not being too self opinionated. This has got no regards whatsoever to anyone who is reading this, just me myself who felt very strongly about it.
First, being submissive. What I meant here is not the slavery type of submissive, but the submissive of knowing the needs and understanding the feelings of others. As friends, sometimes friends are too eager to get their points across or rather to prove something, thus neglecting the feelings and needs of the others in the process. Many times we do it sub conciously, but its undeniable there are times when we do it intentionally. Our actions, our thoughts our words may meant this to us, but how we put across may mean another to others. This struck me greatly because I realise my inter-personal relationship with some people are done with no submission at all, and its something that I am trying to change now.
Self opinionated. We are, in fact everyone values their self opinions more than anyone else. Many times we think our opinions are defintely right, well others opinions to that same matter is wrong, as long as they are not the same frequency as ours. Sometimes when we don't agree to other opinions, not only do we reject it but we even condemn it, and at the same time, condemn the person that says it. I think everyone has their own rights to stating their opinions and in actual fact, there's some bit of right in everyone's opinion even it may seem that their opinions are really totally morally ethically spiritually religiously wrong.
The line between judging things through your own opinions and preference and judging things through conciousness have been greyed by many of us. We have our own defintions of what is right and what is wrong, and these limits of yes and No are constantly being stretched as we get older. For example, last time when we are young, we think of naked people, we cover our eyes and say 'shame shame' now as we get older, these are everywhere, and sometimes we do watch them with much enthusiasm. I am trying to say, our rights and wrongs are bound by our own beliefs and definitions, thus each individual have their own limits as to deciding what is right and wrong.
The bottomline is, we are all not perfect. Yes when things do get seriously wrong, we correct it; as to how much we can correct, once we reach a limit of using OUR own definitions of rights and wrongs to correct it, then maybe we should just take a step back.
Sometimes the world would be a better place if we 'try to' understand the needs and feelings of the others, and at the same time accept the opinions made by them.
Then again, all these written are my own opinions. I may be totally wrong, maybe be a little right only, BUT, I am just taking this oppurtuinity to share with you guys something that I think I have learnt during the last few weeks.


Vic





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]