Thursday, October 13, 2005
Thoughts..
Hi Everybody,
How is everyone doing? Hope everyone is well and good. I just had dinner so I thought I will drop a message before I start on work.
I can't believe ive already been here for close to a month. I am doing okay I guess, a lot of things are in place. Mom and Dad (esp my mom) ask if I am happy, they say I don't seem happy. In return, I ask them what they mean by happiness. Of course, im not like overjoyed but I am doing fine. In retrospect I guess the army period because of her, I have become more independent. I believe last time I was the kind who would prefer to have a person accompany me everywhere I go, now I feel perfectly fine to do everything alone. It's good in a certain way but also I guess people tend to mistake me as anti-social. If you don't club and are not willing to spend money, this is quite a boring place. I have been going for runs alone; the weather is perfect for running. I wish I could play soccer more frequently though, bring my game up one notch. It's quite sian playing with the Singaporeans its like some of them think they damn zai when they are really not good. Im relishing the chance to play with the koreans and japanese soon.
Well, my mind is filled with my studies. In a way I think it is good since I don't have the distractions I might have in Singapore. Then again, I don't know whether I am up to the task, I am still trying to work my way around the subject. There is just so much that fills my mind; thiss is my career, this is what ill be living on for the rest of my life, this is the job that will be feeding my family. Too much to speak really.
I was talking to Weixin on MSN that night. It was very late Singapore time, guess all of you must be asleep. Anyway, I told him : Xin, do you realise all those times of going to Kino (it was our therapeutic bookstore where we try to find healing =) ) is over. All those times of going to Borders alone, these times are over. They are well and TRULY over, it is really what we mean by THE PAST. Im not bringing up unhappy memories but I still remember what filled my mind when I just went to Sispec. My heart was burning, I lay in my bed in Tekong and I think where the hell is fairness? Where is all these things that my teacher have inculcated in me since young? I am here serving the army and that fucker( BMW guy) is out there driving her around. Why the hell am I sweating my hearts out shouting; 'Kill,kill,kill- the combat lessons', reciting stupid army songs, marching left right left right like one cock and that bastard is out there studying medicine! All that filled my mind then was that if I come out of army I am gonna make sure I study hard. My point to all of you is this; remember those times we walk aimlessly in the streets complaining of taking MCs..these days are truly behind us. We are reservist, NSmen now! Everyone, recall all those feelings u had and make the best use of them. I gtg soon, its an abrupt sign off, I am sorry but I will post soon. All my good friends, please take good care of yourselves.
Your friend,
Esmond
How is everyone doing? Hope everyone is well and good. I just had dinner so I thought I will drop a message before I start on work.
I can't believe ive already been here for close to a month. I am doing okay I guess, a lot of things are in place. Mom and Dad (esp my mom) ask if I am happy, they say I don't seem happy. In return, I ask them what they mean by happiness. Of course, im not like overjoyed but I am doing fine. In retrospect I guess the army period because of her, I have become more independent. I believe last time I was the kind who would prefer to have a person accompany me everywhere I go, now I feel perfectly fine to do everything alone. It's good in a certain way but also I guess people tend to mistake me as anti-social. If you don't club and are not willing to spend money, this is quite a boring place. I have been going for runs alone; the weather is perfect for running. I wish I could play soccer more frequently though, bring my game up one notch. It's quite sian playing with the Singaporeans its like some of them think they damn zai when they are really not good. Im relishing the chance to play with the koreans and japanese soon.
Well, my mind is filled with my studies. In a way I think it is good since I don't have the distractions I might have in Singapore. Then again, I don't know whether I am up to the task, I am still trying to work my way around the subject. There is just so much that fills my mind; thiss is my career, this is what ill be living on for the rest of my life, this is the job that will be feeding my family. Too much to speak really.
I was talking to Weixin on MSN that night. It was very late Singapore time, guess all of you must be asleep. Anyway, I told him : Xin, do you realise all those times of going to Kino (it was our therapeutic bookstore where we try to find healing =) ) is over. All those times of going to Borders alone, these times are over. They are well and TRULY over, it is really what we mean by THE PAST. Im not bringing up unhappy memories but I still remember what filled my mind when I just went to Sispec. My heart was burning, I lay in my bed in Tekong and I think where the hell is fairness? Where is all these things that my teacher have inculcated in me since young? I am here serving the army and that fucker( BMW guy) is out there driving her around. Why the hell am I sweating my hearts out shouting; 'Kill,kill,kill- the combat lessons', reciting stupid army songs, marching left right left right like one cock and that bastard is out there studying medicine! All that filled my mind then was that if I come out of army I am gonna make sure I study hard. My point to all of you is this; remember those times we walk aimlessly in the streets complaining of taking MCs..these days are truly behind us. We are reservist, NSmen now! Everyone, recall all those feelings u had and make the best use of them. I gtg soon, its an abrupt sign off, I am sorry but I will post soon. All my good friends, please take good care of yourselves.
Your friend,
Esmond
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]