Friday, October 14, 2005

Rainy days...

I'm in my hall. My roommate down and truly out behind me on his bed. Finally managed to steal some time to write something. These days, it tends to rain quite a lot. Rainy days are really a good time to reflect upon our lives because of the feelings and emotions that it portrays and elicits. I start feeling melancholic and retrospective. Thinking about the things that I did that led to another, so on and so forth. Every step we take results in a particular episode unravelling in our lives. Why don't we take some time out from our busy schedules to think about the decisions that we've made and what occurs as a result of our decisions. I think this can help us to make better decisions in the future. I'm sure one of the things we think about is the past relationships that we had. Past relationships are good gauges to measure us. In the previous blog, Songjie shared with us the feeling of loneliness he has especially when there's no one to think of when you're alone. I believe we've experienced this feeling once in a while. Even I'm guilty of this once in a while. Our minds are truly marvellous. Thoughts have influential implications on our well-being and in turn, we are affected just by the delusions we create in our heads. Good or bad, we are slaves to our minds and our hearts.In the context of love, we must really feel from our hearts the love that we deserve to have. Not because our minds tell us that it's time to love or whether it is time for us to have a girlfriend. We should not rush into a relationship just because people say that varsity life has the best selection of girls to choose from. We listen to our hearts. We let our hearts guide us to where the heart feels at home. With all this said and done, I'm not saying that we shouldn't explore and expose ourselves to widen our social circle, know more people. But what I'm saying is we shouldn't treat this matter as analogical to buying 4D. The more numbers you buy, the higher the likelihood of striking. Hasn't it occurred to you that you spend just as much money? And the more you expect something out of it, the more unlikely it will happen. Think back on the times when you are waiting for a cab and your bus comes along not just once. And when you are waiting for your cab, your bus arrives in twos, even threes. Let nature take its course and let love flow.Our minds are solely for rational thinking, our hearts are for information that our minds cnnot fathom. The thoughts that our minds cnnot process. Antoine Saint-Exupery said that we must think with our hearts, not our minds. If we think using our minds, we're not thinking at all. Think about it.

Xin





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]