Thursday, October 13, 2005

HEllo!!

Hi guys, wanted to post a blog then realised that Esmond was a step ahead of me. in many aspects, I shared the same sentiments as him. Well, for me, I think my teaching stint in HIHS helped to become someone more independent and trained me to make decisions on my own, so coming here and settling down wasn't much a problem. Honestly, its pretty tough to go somewhere totally foreign alone and try to settle your life down there, without the 'training' that i got during the last 4 months, it will defintely be much tougher. I used to run alone back in SPore, so running alone here is like a norm to me but the loneliness that I get is defintely much more overwhelming. Everything is foreign, the grass looks different, the cars/buildings/roads all look different and even the air that i breathe taste and smell new to me. Many times, I wonder to myself why I have to choose this path, choose to leave my comfort zone and change my life. But looking back, I guessed I have chose the right path. My interest and passion lies in it, and my career and family defintely depends on it in the future. Coming here have also changed my life's perception to many things. Homesickness have make me treasure kinship more while being alone have make me treasure my friends more. Taking all these positively, I felt happier, knowing that I have a wonderful family and a great bunch of friends back home. Anyway guys, I think family and friends are the utmost important to us. Many times we subconciously take them for granted, even though we say 'ya i know', ' ya i know' but in actual fact we don't. U guys are great and defintely u don't need me to preach and to nag at u guys lah, just a word of reminder. :) yup, anyway, my course work have really kinda started. Interesting but tough. Many tutorials to do, but somehow i enjoyed doing them. I think 2 and a half years of break/army really turn us into somethingl like leashed dogs, waiting to pounce on getting our degrees once we are out of it. I guess i am the only taking engineering, so all the maths and physics can't really ask u guys anymore..haha. Yup, next up are my social activites. NOt a must to join, but sometimes really in a dilenma whether I should commit myself to all the clubs and societies. But i will weigh through the pros and cons and will come to a decision soon. Everything here needs money, clubs fee, kits fee, simply turned me off. yah man, anyway i guessed u guys really enjoyed urself during weiqin's birthday, wish i can be there. Hope everyone is doing fine and sorry that i can't make the effort to call each and everyone. The bloodsuckers here are really sucking me dry, but i will try!!!meanwhile take gd care, have lotsa fun and well study hard. ( i know you guys will). Okie then, shall end my post here. BYe!

P.S HOpe this can be inspiring and thought provoking to u guys:
We are living in a fallen world and life is simply as such that we have to go through many trials and tribulation. ANd despite these manifold difficulties, we just have to put our FAITH in GOD (okay song, buddha also), and eventually, things will turn out fine and well. Never give up in the midst of difficulties and troubles. ITs going to be sunny anyway after a heavy rainstorm.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]