Thursday, September 01, 2005
'ALL PARENTS damaged their children. It cannot be helped. Youth, like pristine glass, absorbs the prints of its handlers. Some parents smudge, others crack, a few shatter childhoods completely into jagged little peices, beyong repair' abstracted from 'the five people you meet in heaven'
After reading this, I immediately thought of my parents and couldn't help but think how lucky I have been. Then I thought of you guys. Certainly, we are not what the book has said. Our parents did not stain us, neither did they smudge us with ugly paints and colours. They have mould us into the hard, reliable glass that we are today. Not a single line of hairline crack could be seen on us, instead we have become stronger each day, withstanding all the hard knocks and rough treatment that were pelted and thrown at us. I think parents are really GOD sent gifts to us. Their unconditional love. Only our parents are able to define the meaning of unconditional. I don't know, probably its because I am leaving them soon, probably because I have become more mature, but I really do treasure my parents more now. Every sinlge actions from them, be it nagging at me, be it complaining about stuff that I do, I cherish everyone of them.
Esmond once said something which I couldn't agree more. Whenever we are tired or frustrated, we tend to throw our tantrums and frustration at them, and it is really selfish of us. I just thought i should share my sentiments with you guys, so guys, lets honour our parents!
Its has been a while since i last posted, cos i really did not have the time to. So knocked out after everyday's work that I can only really surf the net once a week. But THIS webpage has always been the first one that I look at whenever I come online and I must a admit, YOU guys have really grown up. From the days where we laughed and giggled at every stupid little things, You guys have come a long way. The post that you guys wrote were amazingly mature and thought provoking. Kudos to you guys man!
The past few days have definitely been eventful and fulfilling man. The sale at school was overwhelming. Though the students from my school did not have the intelligence of that of a RI/RGS student, they definitely make it up for their humanity, humility and compassion. Well anyway just to inform you guys, I have stopped teaching. Just left a week so of tuitions before I completely stop everything.
Anyway, to all the SMU dudes out there, I am sure all you guys had a wonderful start to your Uni life, and I really want to wish you guys all the best. Study hard man, many things may come foreign to you, but I am sure with perseverance every thing will turn out fine. To the 2 NTU hunks, I reckon both of you have more or less settled down already? Study hard also man, staying in hall requires lots of discipline but I know you guys will not have any problem lah.
Esmond left 2 more weeks here, and me just 1 more week more than him. Both of us can't bear to think about it. I just hope we can spend maxmium quality time together now.
Okay, I am going to say something now which SONGJIE might not like. I really Thank GOD for our parents, at the same time, I thank HIM also, for having all you guys as my friends.
Cheers!
After reading this, I immediately thought of my parents and couldn't help but think how lucky I have been. Then I thought of you guys. Certainly, we are not what the book has said. Our parents did not stain us, neither did they smudge us with ugly paints and colours. They have mould us into the hard, reliable glass that we are today. Not a single line of hairline crack could be seen on us, instead we have become stronger each day, withstanding all the hard knocks and rough treatment that were pelted and thrown at us. I think parents are really GOD sent gifts to us. Their unconditional love. Only our parents are able to define the meaning of unconditional. I don't know, probably its because I am leaving them soon, probably because I have become more mature, but I really do treasure my parents more now. Every sinlge actions from them, be it nagging at me, be it complaining about stuff that I do, I cherish everyone of them.
Esmond once said something which I couldn't agree more. Whenever we are tired or frustrated, we tend to throw our tantrums and frustration at them, and it is really selfish of us. I just thought i should share my sentiments with you guys, so guys, lets honour our parents!
Its has been a while since i last posted, cos i really did not have the time to. So knocked out after everyday's work that I can only really surf the net once a week. But THIS webpage has always been the first one that I look at whenever I come online and I must a admit, YOU guys have really grown up. From the days where we laughed and giggled at every stupid little things, You guys have come a long way. The post that you guys wrote were amazingly mature and thought provoking. Kudos to you guys man!
The past few days have definitely been eventful and fulfilling man. The sale at school was overwhelming. Though the students from my school did not have the intelligence of that of a RI/RGS student, they definitely make it up for their humanity, humility and compassion. Well anyway just to inform you guys, I have stopped teaching. Just left a week so of tuitions before I completely stop everything.
Anyway, to all the SMU dudes out there, I am sure all you guys had a wonderful start to your Uni life, and I really want to wish you guys all the best. Study hard man, many things may come foreign to you, but I am sure with perseverance every thing will turn out fine. To the 2 NTU hunks, I reckon both of you have more or less settled down already? Study hard also man, staying in hall requires lots of discipline but I know you guys will not have any problem lah.
Esmond left 2 more weeks here, and me just 1 more week more than him. Both of us can't bear to think about it. I just hope we can spend maxmium quality time together now.
Okay, I am going to say something now which SONGJIE might not like. I really Thank GOD for our parents, at the same time, I thank HIM also, for having all you guys as my friends.
Cheers!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]