Sunday, August 28, 2005
SDU
Hi Marists,
We registered our first draw today against a decent opponent. Im encouraged with the way we fought in the second half, definitely a much improved performance. Everyone put in a lot of effort to close down the opponents, to call for the ball and support each other. In fact I did not even do much shouting in the second half. You want a good match, you put in the effort and we fight for each other. That is the differentiating factor. To be honest, they are a decent team capable of playing the ball around but we did a good job with an organised defence. That is the key, you make up what you lack with an organised defence and strict discipline, that is how Everton functions as a team. Very impressed!
I have not written in a while, same goes for most of us since most people have been busy with school and projects. Everyone seems to be slowly integrated into university life and stepping out of that monotonous three year period. A couple of things happened these few days.
I went for a Nottingham gathering last night. I am getting worried really, especially the past few days, I worry I might follow the path laid out by SDU. I want to marry someone I can truly call MY WIFE. I am sure we have all heard the marraige vow before. I can not recall the exact phrase but it goes like that:"Do you take .....as your lawful wife....through happiness and sorrow, through laughter and pain....till death do us part." I worry I may not have the fate to meet this woman I can proudly proclaim the woman of my life. A woman I love with every inch of my heart, a woman I have implicit trust in, a woman who can grow with me and help me to be the person I ought to be, the person I CAN be. It goes beyond supeficialities," Could you get me a prada bag, DEAR?" Yup, maybe I should buy you a new brain instead because I think yours is badly rusty. How inspiring are these words! Through happiness and sorrow, laughter and pain. That is life! Kinship and friendships! Loyalty, love, faith and hope! These are the essentials to a fruitful life. Delayed gratification, not instant gratification! Without them, you are better off dead! They did not say.." Till a better(richer or prettier) person I can find do us part." It seems many relationships are heading this way isn't it? "I love you very much! But I think I can love someone else quickly after I break up with you! I love you SO much, but someone can replace you!" Your expiry date comes when a "better" person comes along. I term it grocery shopping. Logical?
Unfortunately some of us have been rudely awakened that not all ladies see marriages this way. I wonder where is the innocence we had that all things must be good? I hope I am wrong and that time will prove to me all things are possible. That we all are able to find the match of our lives, the single woman who will complete us. Someone recently told me:" You are always like that. You expect people who love you to know you through and through but do you know them? I am not talking about it in a relationship way but as friends. Can't we even start over as friends?" And I convincingly said:" There will be no love without absolute trust." I was left thinking, what nonsense are you talking about? If you love someone, shouldn't you not know them thru and thru? Now right is wrong, black is white, apple is orange, damn... you are surely one confusing person!
Well then, back to my worries! I was quite excited about meeting new schoolmates and new friends at the gathering. Although I met a few people who are sincere, but most of them I don't think we are of the same wave-length nor like-minded. It is a little discouraging but I think I will get over it. I am serious man, I think SDU is beckoning, REALLY!
We registered our first draw today against a decent opponent. Im encouraged with the way we fought in the second half, definitely a much improved performance. Everyone put in a lot of effort to close down the opponents, to call for the ball and support each other. In fact I did not even do much shouting in the second half. You want a good match, you put in the effort and we fight for each other. That is the differentiating factor. To be honest, they are a decent team capable of playing the ball around but we did a good job with an organised defence. That is the key, you make up what you lack with an organised defence and strict discipline, that is how Everton functions as a team. Very impressed!
I have not written in a while, same goes for most of us since most people have been busy with school and projects. Everyone seems to be slowly integrated into university life and stepping out of that monotonous three year period. A couple of things happened these few days.
I went for a Nottingham gathering last night. I am getting worried really, especially the past few days, I worry I might follow the path laid out by SDU. I want to marry someone I can truly call MY WIFE. I am sure we have all heard the marraige vow before. I can not recall the exact phrase but it goes like that:"Do you take .....as your lawful wife....through happiness and sorrow, through laughter and pain....till death do us part." I worry I may not have the fate to meet this woman I can proudly proclaim the woman of my life. A woman I love with every inch of my heart, a woman I have implicit trust in, a woman who can grow with me and help me to be the person I ought to be, the person I CAN be. It goes beyond supeficialities," Could you get me a prada bag, DEAR?" Yup, maybe I should buy you a new brain instead because I think yours is badly rusty. How inspiring are these words! Through happiness and sorrow, laughter and pain. That is life! Kinship and friendships! Loyalty, love, faith and hope! These are the essentials to a fruitful life. Delayed gratification, not instant gratification! Without them, you are better off dead! They did not say.." Till a better(richer or prettier) person I can find do us part." It seems many relationships are heading this way isn't it? "I love you very much! But I think I can love someone else quickly after I break up with you! I love you SO much, but someone can replace you!" Your expiry date comes when a "better" person comes along. I term it grocery shopping. Logical?
Unfortunately some of us have been rudely awakened that not all ladies see marriages this way. I wonder where is the innocence we had that all things must be good? I hope I am wrong and that time will prove to me all things are possible. That we all are able to find the match of our lives, the single woman who will complete us. Someone recently told me:" You are always like that. You expect people who love you to know you through and through but do you know them? I am not talking about it in a relationship way but as friends. Can't we even start over as friends?" And I convincingly said:" There will be no love without absolute trust." I was left thinking, what nonsense are you talking about? If you love someone, shouldn't you not know them thru and thru? Now right is wrong, black is white, apple is orange, damn... you are surely one confusing person!
Well then, back to my worries! I was quite excited about meeting new schoolmates and new friends at the gathering. Although I met a few people who are sincere, but most of them I don't think we are of the same wave-length nor like-minded. It is a little discouraging but I think I will get over it. I am serious man, I think SDU is beckoning, REALLY!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]