Monday, July 25, 2005
Reality?
East.Side.Back.Street
Yo!!! Seems like some of you all already started with your uni life huh? How's it? Oh ya by the way try to make yourself free the week before 18th Aug ok? So that I can meet up with you all for a simple meal or gathering la.... Ok la I should put it as a farewell gathering instead..haha... Nonetheless, its the last chance I can meet up with you guys before I leave le so give me face ok? die die also must come ah.....
Gathering aside, let me share with you guys what I have being reading so far.... Have being reading alot of management books lately... Namely, "Winning" by Jack Welch, "success Principles" by (can't rember his name, he is the chicken soup for the soul author lor ) , then right now it's "Sun Tze is a sissy" by stanley bing.... Talking about this book, its damn crappy as it is written in a very light hearted manner. Constantly criticising Sun Tze's "Art Of war" and also the eastern managment strategies....No doubt it is funny but on the hindsight, it still carries a serious tone is a way that it tells us the ways to be successful in the society, workplace , relationships..... However, the method or strategies taught deeply saddens me because it made me realise that most successful people in the society are actually using very scheming methods. Moreover, after reading it, it really made me develop a sense of fright for the society.... Is everyone in the society like that? Constantly backstabbing one another to climb up the ladder? Is success such an important thing to the extent of manipulating one another inorder to achieve it? Haha.... Are all these facts of life or mere contents of a book written by a success hungry writer? We are indeed too young to find out but I guess all these will somehow prepare us for the society..... So guys, esp those about to graduate one, dont think that the society is like school/JC, watch out your back or you will regret...:P
Ok la....Guess I have written enough....How are each and everyone of you? Reply through comments leh.... Nonetheless, I really hope that the university life can be a transition for all of us to become what we want to be! Jia you and all the best for the rest of your uni life ok? Cheers!
" You will never find new shores, unless you have the courage to leave your current port....."
" Leave your comfort zone, only then you will learn...."
HulI
Yo!!! Seems like some of you all already started with your uni life huh? How's it? Oh ya by the way try to make yourself free the week before 18th Aug ok? So that I can meet up with you all for a simple meal or gathering la.... Ok la I should put it as a farewell gathering instead..haha... Nonetheless, its the last chance I can meet up with you guys before I leave le so give me face ok? die die also must come ah.....
Gathering aside, let me share with you guys what I have being reading so far.... Have being reading alot of management books lately... Namely, "Winning" by Jack Welch, "success Principles" by (can't rember his name, he is the chicken soup for the soul author lor ) , then right now it's "Sun Tze is a sissy" by stanley bing.... Talking about this book, its damn crappy as it is written in a very light hearted manner. Constantly criticising Sun Tze's "Art Of war" and also the eastern managment strategies....No doubt it is funny but on the hindsight, it still carries a serious tone is a way that it tells us the ways to be successful in the society, workplace , relationships..... However, the method or strategies taught deeply saddens me because it made me realise that most successful people in the society are actually using very scheming methods. Moreover, after reading it, it really made me develop a sense of fright for the society.... Is everyone in the society like that? Constantly backstabbing one another to climb up the ladder? Is success such an important thing to the extent of manipulating one another inorder to achieve it? Haha.... Are all these facts of life or mere contents of a book written by a success hungry writer? We are indeed too young to find out but I guess all these will somehow prepare us for the society..... So guys, esp those about to graduate one, dont think that the society is like school/JC, watch out your back or you will regret...:P
Ok la....Guess I have written enough....How are each and everyone of you? Reply through comments leh.... Nonetheless, I really hope that the university life can be a transition for all of us to become what we want to be! Jia you and all the best for the rest of your uni life ok? Cheers!
" You will never find new shores, unless you have the courage to leave your current port....."
" Leave your comfort zone, only then you will learn...."
HulI
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]